Question on courts martial

  • Mark Gutis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      A captain who lost his ship was subject to a court martial. Did the same apply when an officer was placed in command of a prize with a prize crew and he lost THAT ship?

      Mark G.

      P.S. Yes, I'm still alive and actually working full time!
    • James Goddard
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        The answer to your question Mark is, yes. An officer who is placed in command of a prize is the captain of that ship and so subject to a courts martial should he loose that ship. the verdict would depend on the circumstances of the loss of the ship.

        captain Sir james

        Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:59 PM
        Subject: [Bolitho] Question on courts martial