Underwater archeology

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 10:02 PM
      I stumbled on this site, which I thought might of interest. It's a French website about underwater archeology and shows a number of construction techniques of ancient ships, as well as artifacts from sunken vessels.

      http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/archeosm/en/

      Dave Bennett
      Aldergrove, BC

      "I like nonsense -- it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope...and that enables you to laugh at all of life's realities." - Theodor S. Geisel (aka Dr. Suess)
    • Mary M Goose
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 6:12 AM
        .....thanks, Dave, that is really interesting, particularly the
        artefacts from the diffent vessels.

        So interesting that I took the liberty of posting it onto a fellow
        member's forum:

        http://forum.sailingnavies.com/index.php

        - Cookie
        aka Mil or Mary

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9 11:18 PM

          ------- Original Message Follows -------
          From: Mary M Goose

          .....thanks, Dave, that is really interesting, particularly the artefacts from the diffent vessels.

          So interesting that I took the liberty of posting it onto a fellow member's forum:

          Glad you enjoyed it, Mary.

          As for reading, I just finished "Killegrew and the Golden Dragon" by James Lunn, and found you were right. Very enjoyable.

          I'm now working my way through "Black Powder War" by Naomi Novik.