This may be of interest

  • John Stevens
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2006
      A friend of mine came across this a couple of weeks ago.

      http://www.lulu.com/content/398848

      I haven't read it yet but I have ordered a copy.
    • Margaret Muir
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2006
        "John Stevens" <jjts01757@...> wrote:re
        http://www.lulu.com/content/398848 (In harm's way: a Napoleonic
        rolepaying game.)

        I've come across LULU a couple of times recently. Apart from selling
        books they are a publisher who will republished books which are out of
        print.
        Re - 'In Harms' Way' - I can't imagine role-playing on one's own. Does
        it work?
        Unfortunatley to purchase any book in OZ from the US costs almost as
        much again in postage, so makes it cost prohibitive.

        Marg Muir

        www.http://squidoo.com/tallships
      • John Stevens
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2006
          Marg,

          My copy came in a couple of days ago. I've yet to read it cover-to-
          cover but I have done a very through skim of it.

          Unfortunately I have to say "Don't waste your money" It's very poorly
          put together, confusing, and if first impressions hold up - very
          incomplete. I'm actually sorry I spent money on it, and that's pretty
          rare for me. After more than a quarter century in the hobby and
          literally hundreds of game books I can count on one hand the number
          that I'm sorry I bought.

          Right now I'm giving some honest consideration to writing one of my
          own.

          John