Stockwin - 'Command'

  • Simon
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
      My copy of Stockwins 'Command' arrived yesterday. Anyone else read/
      reading it?

      Simon
    • Robert Squarebriggs
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hello Simon,

        Yes, I have. I read it a couple of months ago and reviewed it for McBook
        Press, in this months issue of "Quarterdeck". How did you like it?

        I found it almost two books in one, with the second part being so different
        from the first. I really enjoyed the first part.....first command and all.

        Stockwin writes a great book!

        I remain....................

        Bob

        "Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore-sheet, let me pipe
        "Up Spirits" or "Splice the Main Brace" one more time!"
        http://community.webshots.com/album/130148443VPVMxM

        > My copy of Stockwins 'Command' arrived yesterday. Anyone else read/
        > reading it?
        >
        > Simon
      • Emily Regent
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          Dear Simon

          I've got the first reservation on the library copy, even though I might only be able to take it for two weeks.  However, at the rate I read the last three Stockwins, I think I should have all the time I need.  Just waiting for it to show up, now...

          Aye, ever yours

          Emily

        • Bronwyn Tindall
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
            hi simon
            its not out untill november in nz, its on my list for scanning unless someone bbeats me to it both my book sites are down Aat the moment
            bronwyn

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
              Hi Bob,
              I am only half way through it so far - its a pity when work gets in
              the way of a damned good read!! It continues in Mr Stockwins usual
              style, an excellent mix of seamanship, history, geography and a good
              storyline. Without any spoilers - what I do like about the book so
              far is the development of Kydds character, not having to rely on
              Renzi for advice and guidance. After your comments about the second
              half of the book , I am intrigued to find out how it differs.
              Regards

              Simon

              --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Squarebriggs" <squbrigg@...>