RE: [Bolitho] HMS Kestrel, 31-03-05

  • Brad Ehrke
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005

      Hopefully she will not have to be retired... I have this feeling
      that if that were to happen, Captain Sir Bradley and I will have to
      "cut her out" to prevent her from that indignity.

      Too right mate! If the navy doesn’t want her I’ll be glad to buy her at the auction! Captain John, I hereby appoint you as my agent. If Kestrel is sold out of the service buy her! I’ve managed to earn more prize money than I can spend anyway. She’s only a new ship! Three or four years old if I recall. I’ll give her a proper refit and she can be a tender for Paris  or maybe I’ll fit her out as a privateer! HMS Paris  is currently en route to rejoin the squadron.

      Captain Sir Bradley

      Convinced that this is as good a time as any to use the title!

    • Robert Squarebriggs
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        Relax gentlemen, there is no intention of disposing of Kestrel, she just needs a proper refit after her battering in Europe and difficulties coming back.  A proper survey by our facilities here in Bermuda and some time in dockyard will put her to rights.  Then she will make a fine command for some enterprising young officer.

        Admiral Sir Robert
        ashore in Bermuda