Re: [Bolitho] The cost of Political Correctness.

  • Deborah Lysaght
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
      I don't know about your Infernal Electronics
      Contraption but mine was nearly scuppered by the
      amount of coffee I almost spilled on mine caused by an
      uncommon amount of giggling over that most terrible
      vision! :-)))

      Deborah

      =====
      Deborah Lysaght

      The home of 'wickedly amusing' Nautical Fiction is www.deborahlysaght.com

      The Naval Blue Special Edition of 'The Reprise Series' - available exclusively from www.tallshipsbooks.com

      Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k
    • Robert Squarebriggs
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
        Thank you Tony.....good for a chuckle!!! My, my, we have become civilized
        over the ages! No wonder the world is going to hell in a handcart!

        Hope you are well and had a good golf season. Snowing here tonight, so I
        suppose the season is over!

        I remain........................

        Bob
      • binnacleinfo
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
          Ahoy there Tony! May I ask permission to reproduce your words on my
          website? I would give full credit to you sir, it is so damnably
          amusing, it deserves a wider audience! Feel free to contact me
          privately or admonish me publically, but I sooooo enjoyed it!

          Deborah

          --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Squarebriggs" <squbrigg@r...>
          wrote:
          > Thank you Tony.....good for a chuckle!!! My, my, we have become
          civilized
          > over the ages! No wonder the world is going to hell in a handcart!
          >
          > Hope you are well and had a good golf season. Snowing here
          tonight, so I
          > suppose the season is over!
          >
          > I remain........................
          >
          > Bob
        • Phil Waters
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
            Hey all you budding Bolitho fans and authors out there, Wouldn't it make a
            good book to write the life story of Richard brother Hugh. It would touch
            on our hero's life but would fill in lots of gaps. I wonder if Douglas has
            ever thought about it.

            Phil Waters

            wrote:
            > Thank you Tony.....good for a chuckle!!! My, my, we have become
            civilized
            > over the ages! No wonder the world is going to hell in a handcart!
            >
            > Hope you are well and had a good golf season. Snowing here
            tonight, so I
            > suppose the season is over!
            >
            > I remain........................
            >
            > Bob

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/gx3qlB/TM
          • James Goddard
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2004
              I recieved the nelson PC thing in my email about Trafalgar time, forwarded
              by about 3 people on my contacts list, I have no Idea who wrote it or its
              origin so I'd be very careful about putting it on any website - People these
              days are so eager to sue over the slightest thing and there must be
              copywrite (sp?) on it somewhere because someone wrote it.

              just think if someone took your writing work and put it on their website
              without your permission, gave no credit to you and quite possibly (not that
              you would do that) pass it off as your own.... you'd be mad..... hell I
              would with my writing work!

              please be careful deborah

              James

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
                It was printed in some newspaper - hubby spotted it; annoying
                because I can't remember which, and even more annoying because I have
                cut it and don't remember quite where I put it.

                However, the first time I saw reference to it on the Net was on 11th
                October on the EZboard dedicated to Lord Nelson.

                http://p067.ezboard.com/faboutnelsonfrm1.showMessage?topicID=660.topic

                - Cookie -

                --- In Bolitho@yahoogroups.com, "James Goddard" <snapdragonxxx@h...>
                wrote:
                > I recieved the nelson PC thing in my email about Trafalgar time,
                forwarded
                > by about 3 people on my contacts list, I have no Idea who wrote it
                or its
                > origin so I'd be very careful about putting it on any website -
                People these
                > days are so eager to sue over the slightest thing and there must be
                > copywrite (sp?) on it somewhere because someone wrote it.
                >
                > just think if someone took your writing work and put it on their
                website
                > without your permission, gave no credit to you and quite possibly
                (not that
                > you would do that) pass it off as your own.... you'd be mad.....
                hell I
                > would with my writing work!
                >
                > please be careful deborah
                >
                > James

              • Deborah Lysaght
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
                  Indeed my dear James, you are quite right and I heed
                  your sage words. But it's hellish funny all the same
                  and a well needed respite from these strange days :-)

                  Strange days when teenage boys would rather mow one
                  down in their baggy pants, faux-gold necklaces and
                  headfones rather than stand aside to let a lady
                  heavily burdened with Festive purchases pass
                  unmolested. And since when did the wearing of a
                  woolly hat indoors by aforementioned young men become
                  a la vogue? Don't their parents have central heating?
                  Do they all have rampant ear infections? Mumps, or
                  worse?

                  Give me a Georgian gentleman any day of the week, lice
                  and all! At least he knew which end was up when it
                  came to manners and dress!

                  Festively grumped by the Modern Young Man

                  Deborah

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
                    Cookie wrote: "....annoying because I can't remember which, and even
                    more annoying because I have cut it and don't remember quite where I
                    put it..."

                    I see you run a similar filing system to own Cookie! ;-) I have a
                    cupboard in my kitchen where I stuff.. no sorry 'file' things like
                    that, and I do believe it has a strange link to the cosmos because
                    when I put things there they vanish. I am particularly peeved as in
                    *there* somewhere is a great recipe for stuffing a goose with a
                    pheasant and a chicken, but can I find it? No.

                    Whilst I am ranting, can one tell me if they have ever seen JK
                    Rowling smile? I wonder at her because despite the fact she is a
                    squillionare several times over, I have never once seen her so much
                    as twitch in amusement...

                    Walking around and muttering to meself

                    Deborah