Re: [BolgerCartoons] Gloucester Gull Rowing Dory

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      Bolger Cartoons is for posting files. All conversation on Bolger stuff
      is on the Yahoo Group called Bolger. There is also Bolger 2-6 for
      posting files as yahoo limits the file storage for each group. My Gull
      oars are 7'4" and my wifes are 2" shorter, I can't remember how I came
      up with these lengths. They seem to work well. Do you have the wedge
      mounts for your sockets? I can't give you the socket position as the
      tarp on my gulls is pulled tight with 1/2 a ton of snow on each side.

      HJ

      irishwake3 wrote:

      > Hi I'm Mickey, I just aquired aGloucester Gull,
      > Minus oars,oarlocks &oar sockets.
      > I also need the location of the oar sockets,
      > an the lenght of the oars / help is needed as this
      > Gull wants to get wet!!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Nels
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
        --- In BolgerCartoons@yahoogroups.com, "irishwake3" <irishwake3@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi I'm Mickey, I just aquired aGloucester Gull,
        > Minus oars,oarlocks &oar sockets.
        > I also need the location of the oar sockets,
        > an the lenght of the oars / help is needed as this
        > Gull wants to get wet!!

        Squinting at the study plan looks like it calls for two sets of
        sockets. The main set located one foot aft the center seat edge for
        rowing alone and another set one foot aft the forward seat edge for
        rowing with a passenger in the stern seat.

        Probably standard 7 foot oars would work.

        Cheers, Nels