Red zinger

  • jcherw
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2006
      Hello:

      I am looking at buying a Bolger design Red Zinger.

      Could anyone comment on the following

      - Expereince with space (for family of 5)
      A- Inside
      B- Cockpit

      - Type of waters that can be sailed - basically can this boat bbe
      sailed offshore

      - Does the water ballasting work good?

      Rgds,

      Joost Herweijer
      Mount Barker
      South Australia
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2006
        --- In BolgerCartoons@yahoogroups.com, "jcherw" <jcherw@...> wrote:

        > Hello:
        >
        > I am looking at buying a Bolger design Red Zinger.
        >
        > Could anyone comment on the following
        >
        > - Expereince with space (for family of 5)
        > A- Inside
        > B- Cockpit
        >
        > - Type of waters that can be sailed - basically can this boat bbe
        > sailed offshore
        >
        > - Does the water ballasting work good?
        >
        > Rgds,
        >
        > Joost Herweijer
        > Mount Barker

        Hi Joost,

        You might want to enquire at the main discussion group:

        Or with the designer himself. It would seem to me to be a bit crowded
        for five people. It would be off-shore capable in the right hands but
        is not intended for ocean passages due to the sailing rig limitations.

        Nels