Schuyt Houseboat

  • andyairey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi All
      Does anybody have any information on this design - other than what is
      covered in 'Boats with an open mind'.My info to date is that it was
      never worked up as a full design but would be delighted to be
      corrected. Where did it originally appear?Apart from the mast length
      which I would say is asking for trouble at the first lock it seems very
      fit for purpose although Iwould have preferred it a bit longer
      Cheers
      Andy Airey
    • Justin Meddock
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
        I would guess it is from Small Boat Journal
        (judging by the "dear editor" letter in chapter 40
        BWAOM).
        I always wondered if some sort of surplus lifeboat could
        be converted to the same use. I don't know if lifeboats are ever
        surplus, or big enough. For the ICW retirement home use specified,
        another 4-6 feet seems important to me, but I am not old enough to
        appreciate the value
        of getting rid of everything but a few shirts.

        Justin