Diesel Launch info

  • Don Schultz
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      Certainly the best info would come from Bolger himself.

      Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978)
      282-1349

      If you add the appropriate dialing codes in front of the 10 digit phone
      above, I'm confident he will fax info back, or you may prefer to ask he use
      the postal system so you get the best print quality information

      Don Schultz

      "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else." Yogi
      Berra

      From: "Hugo Tyson" <hhetyson@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:12:47 -0000
      From: "Hugo Tyson" <hhetyson@...>
      Subject: Bolger Diesel Launch. 39'4" x 8' x2'6"/ Box keel..etc 12kt.speed

      "GhartC" posted in Bolger Cartoons group files section a scan of
      a "Diesel Launch", 39'4" x 8' x 2'6" (12M x 2.44M x .75M) thats
      supposed to be caple of 12 Knots displacement speed. She's a chine boat
      with a cutwater box keel and a layout like a 1920s express
      cruiser.Diesel powered (I'm thinking a Deutz Air/Oilcooled engine of
      about 40 -60HP ???)

      I'd like to find out more information about this design. The scan gets
      a bit blurry when enlarged so I'm not sure if its design number, its
      either; # 379 or # 579.

      Was this boat featured in an issue of MAIB or SBJ. Are there any
      pictures of the boat(if she's been built!!)? also is there a drawing
      showing the accomodation arrangement? I presume she's fibreglass
      sheathed ply construction?

      Any more drawings and/or information on this interesting design would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.

      Email: hhetyson@...