Bolger Diesel Launch. 39'4" x 8' x2'6"/ Box keel..etc 12kt.speed

  • Hugo Tyson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      "GhartC" posted in Bolger Cartoons group files section a scan of
      a "Diesel Launch", 39'4" x 8' x 2'6" (12M x 2.44M x .75M) thats
      supposed to be caple of 12 Knots displacement speed. She's a chine boat
      with a cutwater box keel and a layout like a 1920s express
      cruiser.Diesel powered (I'm thinking a Deutz Air/Oilcooled engine of
      about 40 -60HP ???)

      I'd like to find out more information about this design. The scan gets
      a bit blurry when enlarged so I'm not sure if its design number, its
      either; # 379 or # 579.

      Was this boat featured in an issue of MAIB or SBJ. Are there any
      pictures of the boat(if she's been built!!)? also is there a drawing
      showing the accomodation arrangement? I presume she's fibreglass
      sheathed ply construction?

      Any more drawings and/or information on this interesting design would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.

      Email: hhetyson@...