Micro $1200, Oldshoe $600 - with trailers! Seattle

  • Rosalie Gammelgaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2013
      This is Glenn Gibson's Micro, Jack of Hearts. Pics on the site here somewhere, but I'm rushed for time. will look later.

      My email is not working right now and best way to contact me is to call or text 206 387-7437

      Glenn built this to sail on San Francisco Bay with his kids, and "overbuilt" it - a good thing.

      A quote:

      "The boat was built out of 9mm BS1088 okuume(sp?) with a
      doubled bottom, doubled transom, and tripled (just for fun) bow transom. Boat
      was slathered inside and out with Raka epoxy, and painted with latex. Interior
      was just varnished, couldn't bring myself to paint that beautiful wood...."

      The fact is, you couldn't buy the materials to build this boat for $1200!

      In Seattle. Priced to sell fast due to storage issues.

      Has been well-tarped but could use a little rejuvenation -- I stored the mast on the boat, and the part that poked out needs sanding and epoxy. The sails are in my garage and I have to find them -- shouldn't be an issue. Trailer is in ok shape -- painted steel with some surface rust.

      The Oldshoe is the beautiful Oldshoe built by Joe Tribulato and shown here: http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/scuzbums/.

      Don't know if you can see it, but 4 of us are in that cockpit -- very relaxed and enjoying ourselves!

      Due to injuries and life circumstances I haven't sailed either in awhile. I don't want to sell them, but it's time for someone else to enjoy them.

      I have California bill of sale for both, but never registered the boats in Washington State.

      Again, I wish I didn't have to sell them at all, but due to storage issues I need to sell this boat quickly. I'll continue to lower the price. If you're interested and think this is a fair price, act quickly - I may lower it when you're not looking, and someone else will get a very nice deal on a special boat.
    • Joe T
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2013
        A few more pictures of the Oldshoe are in Bolger 6:
        There is also a picture there of me and Rosalie at the San Diego messabout when she bought it.

        This is super bargain pricing on both boats. It was in great shape when sold but I haven't been in touch with her since. Not really sellers remorse but it was my second build and I tried hard to get it right. It was much loved and I still miss it and often think fondly of the great times I had building and sailing Oldshoe. I dearly hope she will be bought by someone who will enjoy and care for her as I did. Please keep in touch.

        Joe Tribulato, builder

        Favorite quote:
        Building boats is like raising children. You do what you can and hope they behave themselves and make good friends.
        ---Bud Macintosh