Re: Either of Two Micros for Sale

  • bhilpholger
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
      I thought I know about most Bolger boats, but I'm not sure what the "Pelican" micro is. pics?

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@...> wrote:

      > Recently finished Micro Pelican with drop-axle Long trailer, Honda 8, Fowler tanbark sails, new mast, complete per plans, in good trim and finih. That's one.
      > The second, Trunkfish, is excellently built, not quite finished, with custom trailer, mast, like-new white Lee sails. Prefer to sell unfinished one, or finish for you. Could supply Honda 7.5 with either. Best deal, Trunkfish as-is, $1150. Pelican, no amount I can hope to get is enough but try some figure, we'll see.

    • Mark Raz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
        It maybe a Great Pelican not a Bolger?

        Always liked these boats. John Candy sails a 12 foot one I think, I remember seeing a 12 and a 16 footer, in the Summer Rental movie. It is a west coast boat.

        http://www.platypusboats.com/gpstore.html

        Sent from my iPad

        On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:15 PM, "bhilpholger" <dwknoedler@...> wrote:

        > I thought I know about most Bolger boats, but I'm not sure what the "Pelican" micro is. pics?
        >
        > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Recently finished Micro Pelican with drop-axle Long trailer, Honda 8, Fowler tanbark sails, new mast, complete per plans, in good trim and finih. That's one.
        > > The second, Trunkfish, is excellently built, not quite finished, with custom trailer, mast, like-new white Lee sails. Prefer to sell unfinished one, or finish for you. Could supply Honda 7.5 with either. Best deal, Trunkfish as-is, $1150. Pelican, no amount I can hope to get is enough but try some figure, we'll see.

      • Richard Spelling
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
          I would make a guess that "Pelican" is the name of the Micro...

          On Sun, December 16, 2012 7:48 pm, Mark Raz wrote:
          > It maybe a Great Pelican not a Bolger?
          >
          > Always liked these boats. John Candy sails a 12 foot one I think, I
          > remember seeing a 12 and a 16 footer, in the Summer Rental movie. It is a
          > west coast boat.
          >
          > http://www.platypusboats.com/gpstore.html
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:15 PM, "bhilpholger" <dwknoedler@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I thought I know about most Bolger boats, but I'm not sure what the
          >> "Pelican" micro is. pics?
          >>
          >> --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@...>
          >> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Recently finished Micro Pelican with drop-axle Long trailer, Honda 8,
          >> Fowler tanbark sails, new mast, complete per plans, in good trim and
          >> finih. That's one.
          >> > The second, Trunkfish, is excellently built, not quite finished, with
          >> custom trailer, mast, like-new white Lee sails. Prefer to sell
          >> unfinished one, or finish for you. Could supply Honda 7.5 with either.
          >> Best deal, Trunkfish as-is, $1150. Pelican, no amount I can hope to
          >> get is enough but try some figure, we'll see.

          Visit my online store for solar electronics: http://www.spellingbusiness.com
          "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”-
          Albert Einstein
        • adkgoodboat
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
            The two Micros are both real Bolger Micros, built to Phil's design. One is named "Pelican" and I call the other, unfinished one "Trunkfish". "Pelican" has been sold, and I am going to finish "Trunkfish" this spring. It will still be for sale, but the price will rise. If you want to do the final touches yourself and save, let me know before I spend any time on it, please. Also, please note that the Whalewatcher we launched with Phil and Susanne in April 2009 is for sale---at about half its cost.---Mason

            --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Spelling" <rls@...> wrote:

            > I would make a guess that "Pelican" is the name of the Micro...
            >
            > On Sun, December 16, 2012 7:48 pm, Mark Raz wrote:
            > > It maybe a Great Pelican not a Bolger?
            > >
            > > Always liked these boats. John Candy sails a 12 foot one I think, I
            > > remember seeing a 12 and a 16 footer, in the Summer Rental movie. It is a
            > > west coast boat.
            > >
            > > http://www.platypusboats.com/gpstore.html
            > >
            > > Sent from my iPad
            > >
            > > On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:15 PM, "bhilpholger" <dwknoedler@...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> I thought I know about most Bolger boats, but I'm not sure what the
            > >> "Pelican" micro is. pics?
            > >>
            > >> --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@>

            > >> Fowler tanbark sails, new mast, complete per plans, in good trim and
            > >> finih. That's one.
            > >> custom trailer, mast, like-new white Lee sails. Prefer to sell
            > >> unfinished one, or finish for you. Could supply Honda 7.5 with either.
            > >> Best deal, Trunkfish as-is, $1150. Pelican, no amount I can hope to
            > >> get is enough but try some figure, we'll see.

            > --
            > Visit my online store for solar electronics: http://www.spellingbusiness.com
            > "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”-
            > Albert Einstein

          • adkgoodboat
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
              The Micros mentioned in this thread are in the Adirondacks of New York, at Long Lake. See them at www.adirondackgoodboat.com. --Mason

              --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "adkgoodboat" <masonsmith@...> wrote:

              > The two Micros are both real Bolger Micros, built to Phil's design. One is named "Pelican" and I call the other, unfinished one "Trunkfish". "Pelican" has been sold, and I am going to finish "Trunkfish" this spring. It will still be for sale, but the price will rise. If you want to do the final touches yourself and save, let me know before I spend any time on it, please. Also, please note that the Whalewatcher we launched with Phil and Susanne in April 2009 is for sale---at about half its cost.---Mason
              >

              > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Spelling" <rls@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I would make a guess that "Pelican" is the name of the Micro...
              > >
              > > On Sun, December 16, 2012 7:48 pm, Mark Raz wrote:
              > > > It maybe a Great Pelican not a Bolger?
              > > >
              > > > Always liked these boats. John Candy sails a 12 foot one I think, I
              > > > remember seeing a 12 and a 16 footer, in the Summer Rental movie. It is a
              > > > west coast boat.
              > > >
              > > > http://www.platypusboats.com/gpstore.html
              > > >
              > > > Sent from my iPad

              > > --
              > > Visit my online store for solar electronics: http://www.spellingbusiness.com
              > > "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”-
              > > Albert Einstein

            • adkgoodboat
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 14, 2013
                The finished Micro called "Pelican" has been sold. I expect to start completing the other, "Trunkfish", in the spring.