Jessie Cooper Tomboy for Sale - Price Dropped

  • paull01
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2012
      Another project calls, so I've decided to put Tomboy up for sale. She's looking a bit tired compared to her prime at the 2009 Center for Wooden Boats Show in Seattle. Since then we've cruised a couple of summers in her up to Canada. She received a new marine ply/glass roving bottom in 2008 as well as a new main mast
      and many other repairs. She's in need of a repaint and some structural work in the topsides aft.

      Comes with Honda 9.9 electric start OB, depth sounder, 2 burner propane stove with cutoff, Newport wood stove and a Lenihan Charcoal heater. Come by for a look and a sail or make an offer.

      The asking price is now $5700. I've talked to Chuck who built the boat and he thinks it'd be hard to build a Jessie Cooper for under $10k.

      Paul
      Seattle

      Check the folder in the photos under Tomboy For Sale
    • ra_sachs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2012
        Your photos are nice of the exterior, but how does she look down below. What structural work? Also, does she come with a trailer?

        Bob
        Chicago

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2012
          Hi Bob.
          I think I've got an interior photo which I'll add to the photo section. Other than that you can check out the video here, which though low quality, does show the interior:
          http://vimeo.com/41377281
          Here's another amateur attempt to make a video:
          http://vimeo.com/41377280

          The structural work involves the butt joint planks on the inside from about mid hold aft to the sternposts. They've gone soft and need to be removed. I believe they're only there to join the top and bottom during construction, so they could just be replaced with fiberglass.

          No trailer included.
          Paul