Re: Cabin Clam Skiff For Sale or Trade, also maybe a Michalak AF3

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2011
      I agree that she has plenty of sail. Awesome in light winds. When I told Jim Michalak that I was sewing in an extra row of reef points, he thought I would never use them, but over the years, I've sailed the boat reefed more often than not and have used both reefs often. On the other hand, I happen to like sailing in a lot of wind.

      Frank

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Fournier" <pacdan@...> wrote:

      > Hi Frank,
      >
      > The pics of your AF3 were pretty much what settled my decision on my build. The boat has been close to what I wanted it to be. No boat is the perfect combination so you have live with some compromises. She has plenty of sail area I found out quickly.
      >
      > Dan F.
      > Hemet, CA
      >

      > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <sanmi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Located near Downingtown, PA. Well cared for 18' Cabin Clam skiff. Cabin is loosely based on the drawings. Built of fir plywood/epoxy in 2002. I am the second owner. 4-stroke, 40hp Honda BF40 (less than 120 hrs), Lenco Trim tabs, dual axle trailer (5000 lb capacity), Garmin fish finder/depth gauge.
      > >
      > > The motor had a complete tune up this year and the trailer got all new bearings and new valve stems for the tires.
      > >
      > > I'm getting back to my sailing roots. I will consider trade for light family trailer sailer with motor (around 1000lb - e.g. Bolger, Michalak, Welsford, WW Potter) in good condition and may even trade my Michalak AF3 for the right boat. I plan to do weekend and longer sleep-aboard cruises with two people (sometimes three).
      > >
      > > http://www.fsanmiguel.com/boat.
      > >

      > > Frank San Miguel

    • Daniel Fournier
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2011
        Yes, at about 10 mph of wind I will reef. I was out in 15+ with all sail up and a puff blew me over.