Sharpie for sale

  • stevengould46
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
      Bolger Advanced Sharpie 19' for sale. Donated to the Carmans River Maritime Center in Brookhaven, NY. We'd like to get $900. but will entertain all offers.
    • bud e
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
        Can you post some pictures and give us more information?  Thanks.
        Bud

      • shellback1964@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2010
          Hi Bud,
          There is one photo on our web site, carmansrivermaritime.org, under the
          boats for sale page. It was built locally about ten years ago and sailed here
          on Great South Bay. If you're on Long Island, or close, we'd deliver it!
          Steve</HTML>
        • Mike Stockstill
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2010
            Hi Steve-

            The photo on your web site is of an AS-19 that I bought used about 11 years ago and ran for a year and a half before selling, and the photo is labeled 'sister ship'. Do you have a photo of the actual boat that is for sale now?

            Here is more info about how my ex-boat looked, in case it helps anybody.

            http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/as19/index.htm

            Here are two trip write-ups.

            http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/as19.htm

            An AS-19 was a fun boat to have. It is a lot more stable than it looks.

            Note that an AS-29 makes a great bass boat. Here are some shots. The bow opening proved especially important for hauling the bass on board.

            http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/as29/

            The bass in the photo was a real beauty too - had a lot of fun with that one.

            Mike

            On Jun 14, 2010, at 6:51 AM, shellback1964@... wrote:

            > Hi Bud,
            > There is one photo on our web site, carmansrivermaritime.org, under the
            > boats for sale page. It was built locally about ten years ago and sailed here
            > on Great South Bay. If you're on Long Island, or close, we'd deliver it!
            > Steve</HTML>

            Mike Stockstill
            mkstocks@...
            http://mkstocks.tripod.com/

          • shellback1964@cs.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2010
              Hi Bud,
              I will check to see if we have a photo of this boat. If not I will try to
              take some. We have a number of boats that have been donated and can't keep
              them all. So the Bolger Sharpie and others are for sale. It has not been in
              the water for a couple of years and so needs work. Except for the hull color
              it looks identical to the one you owned. Are you interested in having
              another? Good price.
              Steve</HTML>