Re: Re: Re: [Bolger4Sale] as-29

  • Daniel Knoedler
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
      Bill...the pictures are great. You do nice work. I'm in Wisconsin, a
      thousand miles but not undoable. I will actually be heading your way
      next Spring. I am operating under the following disadvantages: my
      offer is site unseen..I have to trust you. I bought a bolger oldshoe
      some years ago sight unseen, and was burned by the condition...the
      boat tried desperately to sink the first time out, leading us to dub
      it "Titanic II". I will also have to ask you to arrange for winter
      storage (at my expense) and to get the bearings repacked (again, at my
      expense), preferably before it goes into storage. I would pick it up
      next Spring, but would pay you now, with some basic written agreement.
      Given all that, I would give you $1,500 for the boat/trailer/sail etc,
      plus I would pay the expenses as noted. Hope you're not insulted by
      the offer...one of the reasons I'm looking for second-hand home built
      is because they just don't hold their value well, and one can get a
      lot of boat for the money.....my offer is not a comment on the boat,
      which looks terrific! Let me know! Dan

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
        bill...I haven't had a reply from you yet..can I put my offer on old
        for a bit? turns out there is a fella just a few hours away with a
        bobcat for sale, and the thought of getting it and going sailing this
        fall is pretty appealing...thanks, dan

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
          oops...on hold, that is....dan