Re: Modified AS29 For Sale

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2010
      I missed your first question in my previous response. I did plan a new sail plan based on having sailed her. The Bowsprit was added to accomodate a headsail and I planned on moving the maststep aft to create a sloop. The mainsail is a large roached full-battened sail with a 24' hoist and 20' foot. Think catamaran. I had planned on four stays, no spreaders, from the deck to the top of the mast (two on each side) with a tabernacle for lowering the mast.

      Tom

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "podowitz" <s.podowitz@...> wrote:

      > Lots of questions, I'm afraid. Please be patient with them:
      >
      > -How is the boat powered, absent the AS29's stern mounted outboard? --Is the sail plan as originally designed?
      > -I've always liked the idea of extending the doghouse forward to make a more traditional trunk cabin. Is the headroom a full 6'?
      > -Is she fiberglass or plywood encapsulated in cloth? Epoxy?
      > -Do you know or can you estimate her displacement? Weight of boat and trailer?
      > -Is interior layout changed from original?
      > -Why are there concrete blocks in the cockpit?
      > More to follow, probably.
      >
      > Grateful for your attention.
      >
      > SHP
      >
      > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tomseigler@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you're looking for a project boat to finish, check out "Island Time" over in the photo section.
      > >
      > > She is a AS29 that was built in 1994 by a professional yard in Florida out of fiberglass. The original owner had an offset 1200# swing keel put in instead of the leeboards and added lead internal ballast. He also made the bow pointed and designed an open transom which is really nice for getting provisions on board while at anchor. I sailed her, in her original configuration, up and down the East Coast (including a little offshore work in 10' seas) for over a year before starting modifications to make her more livable. A divorce caused me to stop working, and now I've decided that I'm ready to settle down here in Kansas.
      > >
      > > She comes with aluminum mast, maisail, boom, cushions, anchors, and a great '03 Loadmaster aluminum I-beam, three axle trailer with disc brakes. There are lots of the little parts sitting in my storeroom as well. Things like bilge pumps, foot pumps, interior lights, fans, etc. it all goes with her.
      > >
      > > I'd like to get $7000 for everything.
      > >
      > > Tom

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 8 , May 21, 2010
        I really need to sell this boat and trailer. All offers are encouraged.