chebacco 20

  • Dave Hilgen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
      I have a Bolger chebacco 20 available for free-all parts are there-workboat finished-was sailed for three years,but has been in the backyard for several years-old but functioning trailer-dacron sails with aluminium mast-old outboard?-- it is a project to make it Bristol-located eastern end of long island new york-Dave H

    • mason smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
        This could be very interesting to me if well built to begin with and repairable if damaged by its years in the back yard. What I would need before ;I could come and see it is extensive photographs. Hope you can send some. Thanks---Mason Smith

        Mason Smith
        Adirondack Goodboat
        68 North Point Road
        Long Lake, NY 12847

        phone and fax 518 624 6398
        www.adirondackgoodboat.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2010
          --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, Dave Hilgen <davehilgen@...> wrote:

          > I have a Bolger chebacco 20 available for free-all parts are there-workboat finished-was sailed for three years,but has been in the backyard for several years-old but functioning trailer-dacron sails with aluminium mast-old outboard?-- it is a project to make it Bristol-located eastern end of long island new york-Dave H
          >
          > Dave,
          I am very interested as I have 3 young boys who would like to learn to sail and I would like to take them camp cruising. Some questions.
          Is the trailer in good shape for a thruway trip? (I'm in Buffalo)

          Does the boat have the necessary numbers and stuff to be able to register and insure it?

          Is there any rot that you know of? (not a deal breaker, just trying to see the extent of the work)

          How soon do you need the boat to be gone?

          Please reply to ed_hawkins@...
          Thanks,
          Ed

        • adkgoodboat
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
            dave, if you still have the Chebaco, I could be interested. Pictures? I'm leaving from northern New York for Florida tomorrow, sadly without my Micro which is still clutched by a glacier, or its trailer is (there's a disadvantage of the drop-axle) and will be looking for a boat to play with all the way south, but if I am not hauling anything when I come back, perhaps I could come out on the island to see it, and who knows --- Mason

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
              sorry Mason boat has gone to a great family-Dave H