Re: Re: [Bolger4Sale] as-29

  • Bill and Sharon
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
      the cat boat is green with buff decks. The hull and decks are fiberglassed
      and the interior is epoxy coated. System 3. The coamings and floorboards
      are westen red cedar, epoxied and varnished. The mast and spars are fir,
      also epoxied and varnished. It is all in exellendt condition because it
      never has sat out in the weather. there is an anchor and an paddle. The
      sail was made by a sailmaker in Cocoa fl. whose name I forget right now.
      The trailer is galvanized, has budy bearings or whatever you call those
      greasable things. Trailer has a spare tire. I am attaching some pictures.
      Let me know that you get them. I have a digital camera and can take some
      more of anything you want. as you can see from the one picture, there is a
      sail cover and crutches for storing the rig. We should discuss this very
      soon. Where are you located?? we live in Eastern N.C. outside of New Bern.
      Not much use in discussing this too much if you are 3000 miles alway!! Bill
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
        if all else fails, I put three photos on Yahoo e-groups, "bolger for sale"
        web site. Look under "photos" and Bolger Bobcat. Bill----- Original
        Message -----
        > oops..should have read your latest message first! questions: where.
        > Is it totally epoxied? cloth used on top? shape/any damage/etc.
        > shape of trailer...bearings packed recently? other equipment? who
        > made the sail? color of boat and sail? all details
        > appreciated...thanks...dan

      • Daniel Knoedler
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
          Bill...the pictures are great. You do nice work. I'm in Wisconsin, a
          thousand miles but not undoable. I will actually be heading your way
          next Spring. I am operating under the following disadvantages: my
          offer is site unseen..I have to trust you. I bought a bolger oldshoe
          some years ago sight unseen, and was burned by the condition...the
          boat tried desperately to sink the first time out, leading us to dub
          it "Titanic II". I will also have to ask you to arrange for winter
          storage (at my expense) and to get the bearings repacked (again, at my
          expense), preferably before it goes into storage. I would pick it up
          next Spring, but would pay you now, with some basic written agreement.
          Given all that, I would give you $1,500 for the boat/trailer/sail etc,
          plus I would pay the expenses as noted. Hope you're not insulted by
          the offer...one of the reasons I'm looking for second-hand home built
          is because they just don't hold their value well, and one can get a
          lot of boat for the money.....my offer is not a comment on the boat,
          which looks terrific! Let me know! Dan

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
            bill...I haven't had a reply from you yet..can I put my offer on old
            for a bit? turns out there is a fella just a few hours away with a
            bobcat for sale, and the thought of getting it and going sailing this
            fall is pretty appealing...thanks, dan

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
              oops...on hold, that is....dan