Whalewatcher launched!

  • adkgoodboat
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      We launched Pat Connor's new Whalewatcher, "Utilis," in company with Phil and Susanne at Annapolis last weekend. Susanne took video and photographs from a chase boat. Here are some of my photos from the launch itself, on the Severn River, and from onboard off Annapolis last Sunday morning. It's a wonderful boat, I think--a complete success, fast, roomy, comfortable, supremely livable. More Whalewatchers should certainly be built.
      I took interest in this design from my first reading of "Boats with an Open Mind," and I feel lucky to have been able to help realize it. (Group members may know that Chuck Raynor passed on to me the first Whalewatcher, George Anger's. That hull turned out to be rotten, but the sails, spars, rudder stock, custom trailer and other parts from that boat were incorporated, here in the Adirondacks, with a nearly-complete, slightly deteriorated hull made by Tim Anderson in San Diego.
      By the way, the boat trailers easily behind my 3.2 liter wagon and floats off the trailer before the car's back tires reach the water.
    • adkgoodboat
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
[...]
      • joe_mapango
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          Can you tell is where you put the pictures. I don't understand where you posted them?

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            I am not allowed to post photos, for some reason I don't understand. Working on it. ---Mason