as-29

  • danwilkno@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2001
      does anyone know the email or phone of the folks in Florida with an
      AS-29 for sale? thanks...also interested in smaller bolger sailboats,
      to possibly purchase
    • Bill and Sharon
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2001
        I have a Bolger Bobcat for sale. Nice boat, always undercover. Includes
        trailer
        > does anyone know the email or phone of the folks in Florida with an
        > AS-29 for sale? thanks...also interested in smaller bolger sailboats,
        > to possibly purchase
      • Bill and Sharon
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2001
          I've been asking $2500 for the catboat, want to sell it as I am building a
          new boat. If you are interested, make me a reasonable offer. Bill
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2001
            Good luck. I'm asking $1500 for my AF2, and no one seems to be
            interested. Both of our prices are very reasonalbe. Less than the
            cost of materials, and less than a comparible used plastic boat.

            But then again, I've been trying to sell a '92 Corsica, that RUNS,
            for $350 for 6 months. Everyone wants it at that price with no
            problems, even minor ones like a water pump leak.

            --- In Bolger4Sale@y..., "Bill and Sharon" <schwmh@c...> wrote:
            > I've been asking $2500 for the catboat, want to sell it as I am
            building a
            > new boat. If you are interested, make me a reasonable offer. Bill

          • Daniel Knoedler
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
              you do? details, please! whereabouts, cost, etc..thanks , dan

              I have a Bolger Bobcat for sale. Nice boat, always undercover.
              Includes
              trailer
              > does anyone know the email or phone of the folks in Florida with an
              > AS-29 for sale? thanks...also interested in smaller bolger
              sailboats,
              > to possibly purchase

            • Daniel Knoedler
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
                oops..should have read your latest message first! questions: where.
                Is it totally epoxied? cloth used on top? shape/any damage/etc.
                shape of trailer...bearings packed recently? other equipment? who
                made the sail? color of boat and sail? all details
                appreciated...thanks...dan

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
                  well, tell me about the AF2 also! used to live near Jim Michalak, and
                  used to sail and row with him....a good friend of mine was the first
                  builder of Jim's pencilbox

                  Good luck. I'm asking $1500 for my AF2, and no one seems to be
                  interested. Both of our prices are very reasonalbe. Less than the
                  cost of materials, and less than a comparible used plastic boat.

                  But then again, I've been trying to sell a '92 Corsica, that RUNS,
                  for $350 for 6 months. Everyone wants it at that price with no
                  problems, even minor ones like a water pump leak.

                  --- In Bolger4Sale@y..., "Bill and Sharon" <schwmh@c...> wrote:
                  > I've been asking $2500 for the catboat, want to sell it as I am
                  building a
                  > new boat. If you are interested, make me a reasonable offer. Bill

                • Bill and Sharon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
                    the cat boat is green with buff decks. The hull and decks are fiberglassed
                    and the interior is epoxy coated. System 3. The coamings and floorboards
                    are westen red cedar, epoxied and varnished. The mast and spars are fir,
                    also epoxied and varnished. It is all in exellendt condition because it
                    never has sat out in the weather. there is an anchor and an paddle. The
                    sail was made by a sailmaker in Cocoa fl. whose name I forget right now.
                    The trailer is galvanized, has budy bearings or whatever you call those
                    greasable things. Trailer has a spare tire. I am attaching some pictures.
                    Let me know that you get them. I have a digital camera and can take some
                    more of anything you want. as you can see from the one picture, there is a
                    sail cover and crutches for storing the rig. We should discuss this very
                    soon. Where are you located?? we live in Eastern N.C. outside of New Bern.
                    Not much use in discussing this too much if you are 3000 miles alway!! Bill
                    > oops..should have read your latest message first! questions: where.
                    > Is it totally epoxied? cloth used on top? shape/any damage/etc.
                    > shape of trailer...bearings packed recently? other equipment? who
                    > made the sail? color of boat and sail? all details
                    > appreciated...thanks...dan

                  • Bill and Sharon
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2001
                      if all else fails, I put three photos on Yahoo e-groups, "bolger for sale"
                      web site. Look under "photos" and Bolger Bobcat. Bill----- Original
                      Message -----
                      > oops..should have read your latest message first! questions: where.
                      > Is it totally epoxied? cloth used on top? shape/any damage/etc.
                      > shape of trailer...bearings packed recently? other equipment? who
                      > made the sail? color of boat and sail? all details
                      > appreciated...thanks...dan

                    • Daniel Knoedler
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
                        Bill...the pictures are great. You do nice work. I'm in Wisconsin, a
                        thousand miles but not undoable. I will actually be heading your way
                        next Spring. I am operating under the following disadvantages: my
                        offer is site unseen..I have to trust you. I bought a bolger oldshoe
                        some years ago sight unseen, and was burned by the condition...the
                        boat tried desperately to sink the first time out, leading us to dub
                        it "Titanic II". I will also have to ask you to arrange for winter
                        storage (at my expense) and to get the bearings repacked (again, at my
                        expense), preferably before it goes into storage. I would pick it up
                        next Spring, but would pay you now, with some basic written agreement.
                        Given all that, I would give you $1,500 for the boat/trailer/sail etc,
                        plus I would pay the expenses as noted. Hope you're not insulted by
                        the offer...one of the reasons I'm looking for second-hand home built
                        is because they just don't hold their value well, and one can get a
                        lot of boat for the money.....my offer is not a comment on the boat,
                        which looks terrific! Let me know! Dan

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
                          bill...I haven't had a reply from you yet..can I put my offer on old
                          for a bit? turns out there is a fella just a few hours away with a
                          bobcat for sale, and the thought of getting it and going sailing this
                          fall is pretty appealing...thanks, dan

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 9, 2001
                            oops...on hold, that is....dan