Re: AS29

  • jcjglt
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
      Is your boat sold now ? I am considering to buy used AS29 next year
      or have her professionnally buit.
      Regards, jcjglt

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, Marc Lindgren <lindgrenphotog@...>
      wrote:

      > Sure. Thanks for the nice letter. You are right about the tarp
      > situation. The blue tarps are worse than nothing. Keep this in
      mind
      > and you are right on the money price wise. This is a big project to
      > undertake, and even a pro working fast would have a time getting it
      > out in less than 5 months. Not to mention the price of materials
      > now. I'm 100% swede much to my mother in law's chagrin, what with
      her
      > being a dukes mixture.
      > Marc
      > On Jul 6, 2008, at 1:13 PM, ~Edwin ~ wrote:
      >

      > > Hi Marc,
      > >
      > > I live in BC. After careful consideration I feel the boat is too
      big
      > > and heavy for what I want to do. I am a widower living in a mobile
      > > home and was really considering going full time live aboard, but
      > > looking more closely it doesn't seem as appealing as at first
      blush.
      > > The climate here is a bit too harsh in the winter and I have too
      > > many other toys I don't want to part with yet. The mobile is right
      > > on the river bank so it really works as a "sorta" live aboard.
      Being
      > > over 65 I pay no property taxes and in fact get subsidized for
      > > staying in my own home. Can't get that at a marina.
      > >
      > > One option I was looking at was going halvers with Chris Curtis
      and
      > > having it transported to his place at Sand Point Idaho, thereby
      > > avoiding crossing the border and having it in a milder area but he
      > > is having some challenges trying to downsize his house and will
      have
      > > to wait for money to become available.
      > >
      > > I already have a Long Micro that I bought and hauled over from the
      > > north end of Long Island. Unfortunately my van got stolen last
      fall
      > > and with gas the way it is I have downsized and don't have the
      > > towing capacity. That was a Chevy 3500 with a 6.5 TD engine and
      > > would have towed an AS29 no problem. Not the one I have now.
      > > Especially in the mountains here - they are very sticky as to
      towing
      > > capacity - mine is only 5000 lb.
      > >
      > > I would not want to tarp a boat like yours and store outside
      either
      > > unless I installed a frame like the one in the photo. This has
      > > worked excellent with the LM. But it is a real canvas tarp and not
      > > polytarp. The heavy canvas ones made in India work well.
      > >
      > > I had been planning on adding a doghouse to the LM and a small
      > > heater inside, making it 3 season capable. When I saw yours I
      > > realized right off what a bargain it is. No way you can come close
      > > to building and outfitting a new one for that. Hell - the trailer
      > > and sails alone!
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > >
      > > Nels Arvidson (Half Swedish and the rest mongrel:-)
      > >
      > > To: Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: lindgrenphotog@...
      > > Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:11:10 -0500
      > > Subject: Re: [Bolger4Sale] Re: AS29
      > >
      > > delivery costs could be negotiated. where are you located. i'd be
      > > happy to cut a good deal to move this boat out. I'll be needing to
      > > clean out the boat house this summer so am anxious about just
      leaving
      > > it tarped outside.
      > > Marc
      > > On Jul 4, 2008, at 9:44 PM, Marc Lindgren wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hello. electric brakes on tandem trailer. new tires last year.
      all
      > > > up weight is about who knows what. maybe 5 tons. its got a nice
      > > > solid fuel stove SS with pipe and all that. gas appliances
      (stove,
      > > > three gas lites that warm up the interior nicely. great boat and
      all
      > > > that. good sails with the reacher too. built to phils specs with
      the
      > > > good cooler and fairly nice cabinets throughout. two bolger
      anchors,
      > > > with nylon rodes. harken blocks with trophybraid running
      rigging. no
      > > > motor but a yamaha bigfoot would be my next purchase. come on
      down
      > > > and we'll take it out.
      > > > Marc

      > > > <lindgrenphotog@>

      MY
      > > > LOSS

      > > assuming it

      > > etc.

      > > > before

    • Marc Lindgren
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2008
        Good morning. My 29 is now residing in Wyoming. I probably could
        have sold 3. If you are serious about having one built, consider me
        and my crew as a source. Good luck.

        Marc