Bolger Micro Applecross for sale

  • Martin Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2006
      Hi,
      I am the second owner of the Bolger Micro Applecross. She is
      currently in a boat yard in Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK.

      I have sailed her for 3 seasons, 2 with convension Sprit rig as
      per the design and one with a Junk rig.

      She has a Honda 4 stroke 5hp long shaft engine. I modified the
      stern to allow the engine to be raised when sailing as the original
      design only allowed much smaller engines to be lifted.

      For single-handed she is a delight. Well-balanced and if you have
      not had the pleasure of sailing a catyawl which just needs sheet
      adjustment to steer you have missed something!

      The junk rig is my own design and made or polytarp so there is no
      guarantee given. The junk mast was experimental so care with it
      required. The normal rig is fun to use with great scope for
      fiddling to adjust her performance.

      I have been to see in rough conditions where she sailed and motor-
      sailed without any problems or cause for concern. The junk rig
      reefing helped with the confidence.

      I live on a strong tidal river and she does not perform that well
      against the tide and in light winds. As soon as the winds are a bit
      stronger she is fine.

      You can see some photos of her in the Bolger groups.

      I would like to sell her for around £2000 pounds. I am selling
      her because I have a 3 teenage children and need to have more
      cockpit room.

      You can contact me through email
    • Martin Roberts
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
        This boat is still for sale. can anyone suggest other routes to
        selling it in the UK that would reach a Bolger knowledgable
        community?

        Martin Roberts
        --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Roberts"
        <martin.me.roberts@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am the second owner of the Bolger Micro Applecross. She is
        > currently in a boat yard in Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK.
        >
        > I have sailed her for 3 seasons, 2 with convension Sprit rig as
        > per the design and one with a Junk rig.
        >
        > She has a Honda 4 stroke 5hp long shaft engine. I modified the
        > stern to allow the engine to be raised when sailing as the
        original
        > design only allowed much smaller engines to be lifted.
        >

        > For single-handed she is a delight. Well-balanced and if you have
        > not had the pleasure of sailing a catyawl which just needs sheet
        > adjustment to steer you have missed something!
        >
        > The junk rig is my own design and made or polytarp so there is
        no
        > guarantee given. The junk mast was experimental so care with it
        > required. The normal rig is fun to use with great scope for
        > fiddling to adjust her performance.
        >
        > I have been to see in rough conditions where she sailed and motor-
        > sailed without any problems or cause for concern. The junk rig
        > reefing helped with the confidence.
        >
        > I live on a strong tidal river and she does not perform that well
        > against the tide and in light winds. As soon as the winds are a
        bit
        > stronger she is fine.
        >
        > You can see some photos of her in the Bolger groups.
        >
        > I would like to sell her for around £2000 pounds. I am selling
        > her because I have a 3 teenage children and need to have more
        > cockpit room.
        >
        > You can contact me through email

      • Will Samson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2006
          Hi Martin,

          I successfully sold my Chebacco on Ebay - It costs very little and would certainly be worth a try.

          Bill (in Dundee)