Bolger Otter for sale

  • cisom1960
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2005
      I have a Bolger Otter for sale, located in St. Louis, MO on a
      trailer. I did not build this boat, I inherited it. It was
      previously owned by the late Jim Huxford of Lebanon, IL. From what
      Jim told me, he thought it may have been built by the Alton Sailing
      Club sometime in the '70s.

      It appears sound and in decent condition. It does need some work:
      hatch fasteners, deck (mast partners), rail repair, paint and it
      needs a rig and sails. Everything else is there, including lee
      boards, rudder and tiller.

      This was designed as a free-standing ketch rig but it is currently a
      shroud supported rig (at least the main mast).

      This boat has been under continuous cover for at least the last 10
      years. No rot that I can see. It does have a wood mast - not
      terribly straight - and the mast does not appeared to have ever been
      used. I'm not even sure if it's for this boat, but it goes with it.

      This would make a great winter project. All the hard work has been
      done. Repairs appear to be easy. I have heard that this boat is
      pretty fast.

      Trailer has new wheels and tires, needs trailer lights.

      Asking at least $300.00 as it sits (last years storage fee).

      Make me an offer. I can send digital shots on request.