Micro for Sale, California

  • ggracer1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      Phil Bolger Design "Micro"

      Built 2001 and owned by Glen Gibson

      Length: 15' 4"
      LWL: 12'2"
      Beam: 6'
      Draft: 1'9"
      Sail Area: 153 square feet
      Displacement: 1650 lbs.
      Ballast: 420 lbs.
      Trailer wieght: 1000 lbs. (approx.)

      Sails: dacron, sailrite kits sewed by a gifted amature, they're
      great.

      "Jack of Hearts" was built basically to plans, with some minor
      changes to enhance strength and construction, such as an arch over
      the transom. Built of 9mm (3/8") Okkume BS1088 ply, with a double
      bottom (that's 3/4 inch!). Epoxy used throughout, it's very well
      built and solid. The very few fasteners left in during construction
      are marine grade silicone bronze or stainless. The boat is on a
      trailer, a heavy duty sigle axle with full sized tires. Boat is
      equipped with a 2 year old, 4hp 4 stroke Nissan short shaft outboard
      in great shape that can be purchased with the boat or not.

      Boat is located in CA, and has been mostly day-sailed in the SF bay,
      with occasional visits to Monterey. Boat performs very well,
      doesn't go to weather as good as a sloop, but it's great fun and a
      very reassuring boat to be in the ocean (or local lake).

      The cabin is very comfortable and roomy, I've spent several
      overnights on the boat, and am still amazed at the interior space.

      See pictures in Bolger2/photos/bolger boats/jack of hearts, or email
      me at ggibson@... for pictures and additional info.

      I hate to let the boat go, but it's time for another project, so I'd
      like to see "Jack" go to a good home, and be happily sailed for
      years and years to come....

      Price is negotiable.

      Thanks,

      Glen