Storm Petrel for Sale

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      This is a true "Instant Boat", spend that time you would have been
      building sailing instead.

      Bolger Storm Petrel 16' sharpie motor sailor -Sprit rig (traditional,
      trapezoidal sail). Berthed in San Francisco Bay

      This is a small boat with big boat aspirations:

      - Classic lines, full steel keel, no centerboard! The boat is very
      seaworthy and safe on the Bay. Hard chine, epoxy over plywood, there
      is no
      rot.

      - Very dry, I've been out in some big blows, and got back
      with about 2 cups of water in the cockpit. If the weather is not
      rough, I rarely get wet at all.

      -the cuddy (small cabin) is big enough to sleep in, plenty
      of dry storage for gear. Camp on Angel Island?

      - The boat is in great shape for it's age, and is relatively cheap to
      own and
      maintain.

      - comes with main, tanbark jib, anchor and pfds.

      Needs paint and some running rigging, all of which can get for
      under two hundred dollars. I get compliments on this boat literally
      every time I go out.

      Photos are here: http://homepage.mac.com/marcos/

      $1575.oo