new boat

  • malomac
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Hello Nels,

      It came with a lug rig, oars, trolling motor and battery!!!
      As well as a good trailer, spare, tongue jack, lights... Not to
      mention a very comfortable visit with the owner/builder.

      Unfortunately it turned much colder last night and now the wind is
      blowing 20 to 30 !!! So I guess I'll just get bundled up and go out
      to the shop and stare at it!:)

      be well,

      doc
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "malomac" <Malomac@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Nels,
        >
        > It came with a lug rig, oars, trolling motor and battery!!!
        > As well as a good trailer, spare, tongue jack, lights... Not to
        > mention a very comfortable visit with the owner/builder.
        >
        > Unfortunately it turned much colder last night and now the wind is
        > blowing 20 to 30 !!! So I guess I'll just get bundled up and go
        out
        > to the shop and stare at it!:)
        >
        > be well,
        >
        > doc

        Wow, you know it is becoming obvious to me that one can buy a second
        hand home built boat cheaper than building one yourself. If you
        consider the cost of all the additional equipment if you were to go
        out and buy it new - it would total more than the cost of the boat!
        Plus you already know it all fits!

        Sails and rigging, motor, trailer, even oars and batteries are
        getting pretty darn costly nowadays. The other thing is that you can
        get out on the water quicker and then replace the items over time if
        need be - which spreads out the costs:-) And if you decide to build a
        boat - you might already have stuff you can use in it.

        Post some photos sometime - would love to see it all rigged out.

        Cheers, Nels