Chebacco "Samantha" for sale

  • prthober
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2003
      Samantha is for sale.

      Details:

      20 foot sheet plywood Chebacco. Built summer of 2002. Sailed from
      Portland, ME to Beaufort, NC and back since.

      This boat is a modified Chebacco - it varies from the design in the
      following ways: It has a shallow draft keel rather than a
      centerboard, the cabin is longer, wider and taller allowing a full
      length double berth and facing settees with a fold-down table. The
      cockpit is shorter by the amount the cabin is longer. She is gaff-
      rigged.

      The following equipment is included: Standard Horizon VHF radio, 80
      AH deep-cycle battery, 6 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke outboard with
      alternator, navigation, anchor and cabin lights, 2 anchors with
      rodes, dock lines and fenders, Ritchey compass, 2 type III and 2 type
      V PFD,s, safety harness, ABC fire extinguisher, flare kit, and Nymph
      dinghy.

      She is located in Portland, ME at present and I could possibly
      deliver her - that would be negotiable.

      This has been a very nice boat, but like many of us boatbuilding
      sailors I want to build another boat (probably some variation of
      Newfoundlander).

      I am not sure what to ask for this boat. The bare boat may be worth
      $4000 and the equipment listed above is about $2500 new - plus the
      dinghy. How about $5500 for the whole package? Make an offer -
      nothing can offend me - the worst that can happen is I would say yes.

      Paul Thober, 207 712 0381, leave a message and I will call you back.
    • Richard Spelling
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2003
        (!)

        How goes the rewrite of the building article?

        I'll post your notice in the next issue.