918Micro $1200, Oldshoe $600 - with trailers! Seattle

  • Rosalie Gammelgaard
    Aug 14 11:24 AM
      This is Glenn Gibson's Micro, Jack of Hearts. Pics on the site here somewhere, but I'm rushed for time. will look later.

      My email is not working right now and best way to contact me is to call or text 206 387-7437

      Glenn built this to sail on San Francisco Bay with his kids, and "overbuilt" it - a good thing.

      A quote:

      "The boat was built out of 9mm BS1088 okuume(sp?) with a
      doubled bottom, doubled transom, and tripled (just for fun) bow transom. Boat
      was slathered inside and out with Raka epoxy, and painted with latex. Interior
      was just varnished, couldn't bring myself to paint that beautiful wood...."

      The fact is, you couldn't buy the materials to build this boat for $1200!

      In Seattle. Priced to sell fast due to storage issues.

      Has been well-tarped but could use a little rejuvenation -- I stored the mast on the boat, and the part that poked out needs sanding and epoxy. The sails are in my garage and I have to find them -- shouldn't be an issue. Trailer is in ok shape -- painted steel with some surface rust.

      The Oldshoe is the beautiful Oldshoe built by Joe Tribulato and shown here: http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/scuzbums/.

      Don't know if you can see it, but 4 of us are in that cockpit -- very relaxed and enjoying ourselves!

      Due to injuries and life circumstances I haven't sailed either in awhile. I don't want to sell them, but it's time for someone else to enjoy them.

      I have California bill of sale for both, but never registered the boats in Washington State.

      Again, I wish I didn't have to sell them at all, but due to storage issues I need to sell this boat quickly. I'll continue to lower the price. If you're interested and think this is a fair price, act quickly - I may lower it when you're not looking, and someone else will get a very nice deal on a special boat.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic