858Re: Bolger Slicer for sale

  • Kittiwake G16
    Mar 1, 2012
      Yes, it is the same boat, except I just finished repainting her, inside and out above the waterline. I don't know how to send pix in this format but will consult. Pony is a dream of a boat alright but I've gone back to sailing, much to my surprise, and I have to let her go. Actually the length is deceptive. She has canoe proportions so she weighs in about like an 18 ft runabout. ED

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "aaronthekid" <aaronthekid@...> wrote:

      > Is this your boat ?
      >
      > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/05/excerpts/maib/1/index.cfm
      >
      > I've known about this boat for years. While I'm not really in the market for a boat of this size, I would love, love, love to see current photo's of her.
      >
      > Good luck with the sale.
      >
      > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "Kittiwake G16" <ewhaile@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Design 492, a 29.5 ft outboard, 5 ft beam, V-entry, flat stern, no cabin but 18 ft of unobstructed open cockpit, 4-ft engine bay, double-deck unsinkable, built in 2003 of glass/poly over Coosa foam, a departure from the original plywood design, the boat was built in consultation with Bolger and with advice from the Coosa manufacturer. 15 hp Yamaha, remote steering/throttle, custom trailer of 4-in I-beam (allows dry-axle off & on-loading), bug-proof camping tent, bimini, oar locks. The boat is well-built to a work -finish, needs some touch up, but nothing serious. This is not a speed boat. At 900 lbs she does 13 knots for 15 n. miles on a gallon of gas. She's narrow but at 220 lbs I can walk on the gunwales. I have been very hesitant about selling this irreplaceable love, but at my age "Pony" is just too much boat. Pix on request. $8500 O.B.O. Ed Haile in VA.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic