707Re: Bolger Sharpie for sale

  • Nels
    Aug 5, 2009
      Anybody care to comment on the type of leeboard that is drawn on the
      AS19 plans?

      My reason for asking is based on Bolger's later updates of similar
      boards. For example the updated Martha Jane plans, the Jochems Family
      Schooner and the Fast Motorsailor and also Fast Brick, all of which
      seem to include a heavy backing plate between the hull and the boards.

      In fact Mr. Bolger seems to have returned to a centerboard arrangement
      in his later off-shore designs, such as the AS 29 and 39, Col. H. G.
      Hasler, Fiji, and some unfinished designs including the I60 and my very
      favorite, Wandervogel.

      Nels

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984"
      <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

      > Re the EW archive link: Wow! I hadn't seen those pics of part finished
      construction before. Very handy indeed, thanks, as I've the plans
      acquired from Nels on the desk before me... (Those pics on the trailer
      are nice to view also - their reproduction in MAIB is rather blurred.)

      > Re the pedigree: I'd bet that "sister ship" refers to a name change,
      or at least a colour change to blue/yellow (that pic in bolger2 IIRC). I
      think this will be the boat that "cabbie" bought from Mike. The round
      openings for cabin sides ventilation would confirm that.

      > Graeme
      >
      > --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Hallman bruce@ wrote:
      > >
      > > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM, blazingcontentblazingcontent@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I couldn't find a link for boats for sale on your site
      > >
      > > http://www.carmansrivermaritime.org/Auction/boatsale.htm
      > >
      > > ...is the link, unfortunately without any photos. I doubt there are
      > > many AS19's ever made in the world, with the only one confirmed is
      the
      > > Edgar Williams=>Mike Stockstill's build. (which I believe is the one
      > > in the 'sister ship' photo). It also was built circa 1999, so I
      > > wonder if this is the same hull for sale here.

      http://web.archive.org/web/19990422091355/http://www.widomaker.com/~ewwi\
      ll/AS-19.htm

      > > I am curious of the pedigree of this one. Who was the builder?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic