706Re: Bolger Sharpie for sale

  • graeme19121984
    Aug 5, 2009
      Re the EW archive link: Wow! I hadn't seen those pics of part finished construction before. Very handy indeed, thanks, as I've the plans acquired from Nels on the desk before me... (Those pics on the trailer are nice to view also - their reproduction in MAIB is rather blurred.)

      Re the pedigree: I'd bet that "sister ship" refers to a name change, or at least a colour change to blue/yellow (that pic in bolger2 IIRC). I think this will be the boat that "cabbie" bought from Mike. The round openings for cabin sides ventilation would confirm that.

      Graeme

      --- In Bolger4Sale@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Hallman <bruce@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM, blazingcontent<blazingcontent@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I couldn't find a link for boats for sale on your site
      >
      > http://www.carmansrivermaritime.org/Auction/boatsale.htm
      >
      > ...is the link, unfortunately without any photos. I doubt there are
      > many AS19's ever made in the world, with the only one confirmed is the
      > Edgar Williams=>Mike Stockstill's build. (which I believe is the one
      > in the 'sister ship' photo). It also was built circa 1999, so I
      > wonder if this is the same hull for sale here.
      >
      > http://web.archive.org/web/19990422091355/http://www.widomaker.com/~ewwill/AS-19.htm
      >
      > I am curious of the pedigree of this one. Who was the builder?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic