Bolger Romp, Aus.

  • trimaran
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2014
      All,
      Hugo Tyson's Romp (a 30 foot cat yawl) named Beluga just sold. The pictures and specs are still on the yacht broker's website. I don't recall seeing many Romps or pictures of Romps on the interwebs, so I enjoyed viewing them. Maybe you will too.
      http://www.centralyachts.com/listings/sail/beluga.html
      Bill, Long Micro Pugnacious, Texas
    • trimaran
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2014
        Darnit. I'm sorry. It sold a few years ago, but the ad is still active. I saw a mention to the ad on sailing anarchy and thought the ad we recent. Regardless, nice pictures and specs if you are not familiar with Romp.
        Bill
      • Kent
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2014
          I certainly enjoyed seeing those pics. There isn't much material about
          Romp on-line. So Thanks, and no problem about it being an old listing.
          Got any more? :^) -- Kent

          On 2/17/2014 1:31 PM, kingw@... wrote:

          > Darnit. I'm sorry. It sold a few years ago, but the ad is still active.
          > I saw a mention to the ad on sailing anarchy and thought the ad we
          > recent. Regardless, nice pictures and specs if you are not familiar with
          > Romp.
          > Bill

        • michael_v_childs
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2014
            I enjoyed them also. Quite an intelligent design.
          • trimaran
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2014
              The only other pictures I could find were via a google image search and there are a few interesting tid-bits in a Woodenboat forum thread that is easy to find. What's intriguing for me is that Tyson's Romp made a trip from Queensland to New Caledonia. Impressive for a boat that draws less than two feet of water.
              Bill, in Texas
            • pkortlucke
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2014

                There are a few photos in the photo section of this forum in a file named Romp. They were taken during a race and we had the bolger "spinnaker" up. That was when my brother owned it (and before the repaint...looked better with the blue IMHO).

                Cheers

                Peter

              • alias1719
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 18, 2014
                  Thanks very much for posting this - it's one of my favs. Nice to see the interior pics.