Looking for a Jesse Cooper and or micro for sale

  • gmkdart
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2013
      Hello,
      I am looking for a Jesse Cooper for sale. Might also be interested in a micro. I live in the northeast but would consider traveling for the right boat. If I find a JC, I am interested in using it as a basic, dare I say spartan parttime liveaboard. Cruising grounds include lake champlain, Penobscott bay and the Cape. Eventually I would like to trailer the boat for a trip up the inside passage. Any leads would be appreciated. I do kind of have my eye on Walkure as well, but I think she might be a little bigger than I need, and a little rich for my wallet.
      Thanks,
      Michael
    • John Trussell
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2013

        There is an AS 29 on Sailing Texas. Adirondack Goodboat had a Micro for sale. Good luck.

        JohnT

        I am looking for a Jesse Cooper for sale. Might also be interested in a micro. I live in the northeast but would consider traveling for the right boat. If I find a JC, I am interested in using it as a basic, dare I say spartan parttime liveaboard. Cruising grounds include lake champlain, Penobscott bay and the Cape . Eventually I would like to trailer the boat for a trip up the inside passage. Any leads would be appreciated. I do kind of have my eye on Walkure as well, but I think she might be a little bigger than I need, and a little rich for my wallet.
        Thanks,
        Michael

      • Connor, Patrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2013
          Have a Whalewatcher for sale...

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Nov 12, 2013, at 8:39 AM, "John Trussell" <jtrussell2@...> wrote:

          There is an AS 29 on Sailing Texas. Adirondack Goodboat had a Micro for sale. Good luck.

          JohnT

          I am looking for a Jesse Cooper for sale. Might also be interested in a micro. I live in the northeast but would consider traveling for the right boat. If I find a JC, I am interested in using it as a basic, dare I say spartan parttime liveaboard. Cruising grounds include lake champlain, Penobscott bay and the Cape . Eventually I would like to trailer the boat for a trip up the inside passage. Any leads would be appreciated. I do kind of have my eye on Walkure as well, but I think she might be a little bigger than I need, and a little rich for my wallet.
          Thanks,
          Michael

        • phil.bolger
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2013
            Patrick, would you like her more if she had a ‘quiet’ vee-nose under her bow ?

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2013

              Susan it’s not a question of like versus not like. The Whalewatcher is a GREAT BOAT. I get pounding on power boat wakes in light air but so do all sharpies, which is annoying, but I can live with it, hasn’t been a big problem for me.  Heeled, she cuts right through them. However, I have seven boats and two of them are cruising sailboats. My wife sez sell and the Flicka is more capable of the two for offshore work and yet sufficiently shoal for the type of cruising I do. They are both roomy, but in completely different ways. The Whalewatcher is the more comfortable of the two, at least for everything other than preparing a meal…that’s when standing headroom comes in handy. For lounging about, no comparison. The Whalewatcher is like your favorite couch……with pillows and a warm blankie.