Boat plans

  • pthelin1
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 5, 2012
      Now that Phil has passed, is there a resource for his boat plans?

      I would like to find a set for Otter II and Storm Petrel.

      I've built a few of Phil's boats already, a Gypsy, Cartopper and what Phil thought was the only Storm Petrel built without alteration's (this was the Storm Petrel that I sold to Marc Lander in S.F. about 20 years ago). I did ultimately modify the Petrel; I switched from the Zephyr lateen rig to a sprit, then added a tiny jib which I had made at Hogin Sails in Alameda.

      At the time I lived on a Columbia 45 in the Oakland Estuary where I sailed the Petrel. I wanted a little more sail for the light evening winds. Now I live on a floating home in San Pablo Bay where the problem is too much wind!

      Anyway, I'd like to build another Petrel or maybe the Otter II, but have lost my plans to the Petrel over the years. I could build them from my copy of Different Boats, but the images get fuzzy when I enlarge them too much. (I have all the Bolger books)

      Peter
    • c.ruzer
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 7, 2014
        Matthew- Reminds that Pete should be finished if he got to it back after his posting... Did he give an email address? He got the plans from Susanne, as I recall, so maybe he has sent photos??