70195Re: Written References on Black Skimmer?

  • alias1719
    Mar 17, 2014
      --In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <guyhockley@...> wrote :Mike O'Brien of Woodenboat started his own magazine, Boat Design Quarterly. The first article of the first issue is about how he commissioned the Black Skimmer design and built the first one, includes lines drawing, original Bolger cartoon proposal with twin rudders, panel expansions etc.

      A wee bit of follow up on that: I know Mike a bit . . . a few months ago he told me the last time he saw his old Black Skimmer it was derelict  - but in OK shape - along the side of a back road, very near where I live on the Chesapeake Bay. I spent a number of hours eagerly driving around looking for her but, sadly, it had been too many years and I couldn't find her.

      Dave Gentry
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic