No activity in last 7 days
This is an e-group for body dysmorphic disorder also known as BDD, dysmorphophobia and body dysmorphia. The condition involves one being constantly preoccupied with their appearance. They feel that they are incredibly ugly which can have devastating effects on every day life. For example: avoiding social situations, shyness, loneliness, depression and even self harm. Due to the nature of BDD people often find their condition hard to talk about and are reluctant to seek help. This can cause a great deal of distress for both the sufferer and their relatives/friends. It is hoped that this group will provide support and understanding for sufferers and their family/close friends.
- Mental Health
- May 13, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.