police response times

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
      FYI - I called 911 yesterday and the police had a fast response time.

      Brent
    • Chris Call
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
        Yeah, that is great to hear. I guess I am being nosy, why did you have to call 911?

        Chris (Kornblum & Marine)

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
          It was the usual - high school kids. There were five; all looked Caucasian.
          This time they were rolling joints and smoking. I have to admit that I've
          got mixed feelings about calling them in since they weren't involved in
          property crimes. Ultimately my decision boiled down to the fact that they
          clearly didn't respect our laws or public areas, an observation that was
          born out when they littered some paper without a second thought. My
          tolerance for high school students is a bit low after a series of recent
          run-ins. I hope I'm not turning into a mean old codger ;-)

          Brent

          >From: Chris Call <myshortcake2004@...>

          >Yeah, that is great to hear. I guess I am being nosy, why did you have to
          >call 911?
          >
          >Chris (Kornblum & Marine)
          >
          >Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
          >FYI - I called 911 yesterday and the police had a fast response time.
          >
          >Brent
        • Chris Call
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
            I think what you did was great, I have kids and they need to respect the laws and what better way for them to learn than to use the older kids today as an example.

            Good Job.

            Chris

            Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
            It was the usual - high school kids. There were five; all looked Caucasian.
            This time they were rolling joints and smoking. I have to admit that I've
            got mixed feelings about calling them in since they weren't involved in
            property crimes. Ultimately my decision boiled down to the fact that they
            clearly didn't respect our laws or public areas, an observation that was
            born out when they littered some paper without a second thought. My
            tolerance for high school students is a bit low after a series of recent
            run-ins. I hope I'm not turning into a mean old codger ;-)

            Brent

            >From: Chris Call <myshortcake2004@...>

            >Yeah, that is great to hear. I guess I am being nosy, why did you have to
            >call 911?
            >
            >Chris (Kornblum & Marine)
            >
            >Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
            >FYI - I called 911 yesterday and the police had a fast response time.
            >
            >Brent

          • Jessica Sharman
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
              I am glad you called the police on those kids. Whenever I see suspicious activity or people, I call them. Maybe I'm crazy, but I have some pretty undesirable people hanging around next door to me, so I do not take any chances. I want our neighborhood to be safe.
              Jessica

              Chris Call <myshortcake2004@...> wrote:
              I think what you did was great, I have kids and they need to respect the laws and what better way for them to learn than to use the older kids today as an example.

              Good Job.

              Chris

              Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
              It was the usual - high school kids. There were five; all looked Caucasian.
              This time they were rolling joints and smoking. I have to admit that I've
              got mixed feelings about calling them in since they weren't involved in
              property crimes. Ultimately my decision boiled down to the fact that they
              clearly didn't respect our laws or public areas, an observation that was
              born out when they littered some paper without a second thought. My
              tolerance for high school students is a bit low after a series of recent
              run-ins. I hope I'm not turning into a mean old codger ;-)

              Brent

              >From: Chris Call <myshortcake2004@...>

              >Yeah, that is great to hear. I guess I am being nosy, why did you have to
              >call 911?
              >
              >Chris (Kornblum & Marine)
              >
              >Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
              >FYI - I called 911 yesterday and the police had a fast response time.
              >
              >Brent

            • Kim
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2005
                How funny, YES u r turning into a mean old codger!! Wish u well. k