Re: More goings on

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
      Hig, I'll pass this info on when I talk to the officers tonight at my
      class. Do you know if the neighbors have already passed the photo
      onto the police? Would they know who to contact to get the photo?
      I'm not sure which neighbor is being harrassed.

      Shannon
      (I met you the other night while my hubby and I were chasing rabbits
      with you.)
    • Shannon
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
        Whoops... I just re-read your message and realized your husband was
        the one who took the photo. Has he notified the police that he has a
        picture of the men who are harrassing you?

        Shannon
        --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon" <jmnycricket22@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hig, I'll pass this info on when I talk to the officers tonight at
        my
        > class. Do you know if the neighbors have already passed the photo
        > onto the police? Would they know who to contact to get the photo?
        > I'm not sure which neighbor is being harrassed.
        >
        > Shannon
        > (I met you the other night while my hubby and I were chasing rabbits
        > with you.)
      • Higush
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
          Hi Shannon, No - I need to get on the ball and get the film developed real
          soon and when I have to picture we will them release them to HPD.

        • cannon_90250
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
            --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "Higush" <higush@d...> wrote:
            "Two young black males (one heavy in weight 6' with a big mouth and
            the other slender build 5'10" a little quieter than the other)
            started came in our area maybe 4 weeks now (on Doty - between 144
            Place and Street)..."

            * * *

            I wonder if these are the same charming young men who stopped to
            socialize outside my house (147th Street) late last week/early this
            week. I've been working at home lately and some loud conversations
            have been drawing my attention around 3:30-4PM.

            Last week, I took a look out my front windows when I heard shouting
            and some loud noises. I saw some kids who fit that general
            description standing between my house and my neighbor's. I couldn't
            see exactly what they were doing, but figured that the loud noises I
            heard were them hitting my neighbor's trash cans (turns out they
            were using my neighbor's b-ball backboard for an impromptu game of
            one-on-one and neither is a very gifted shooter).

            This week, the kids reconvened in the same spot and, after picking
            up remnants of a car crash and throwing them onto my yard, treaded
            deeper onto my neighbor's property. My neighbor's son happened to
            be home and called the police, who arrived in time to have a little
            chat with the kids.

            Luckily, I haven't seen/heard these kids since... but maybe they
            just decided to take a different route home.
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
              The description fits the two individuals that I saw.

              Brent

            • katzz4me@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
                In a message dated 4/27/2005 4:33:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                brentamorgan@... writes:

                > Subj: RE: [BodgerPark] Re: More goings on
                > Date: 4/27/2005 4:33:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time
                > From: brentamorgan@...
                > To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                > Sent from the Internet
                >

                > The description fits the two individuals that I saw.
                >
                > Brent
                >
                > >From: "cannon_90250" <researchgeek@...>
                > >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [BodgerPark] Re: More goings on
                > >Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:29:10 -0000
                > >

                > >--- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "Higush" <higush@d...> wrote:
                > >"Two young black males (one heavy in weight 6' with a big mouth and
                > >the other slender build 5'10" a little quieter than the other)
                > >started came in our area maybe 4 weeks now (on Doty - between 144
                > >Place and Street)..."
                > >
                > >* * *
                > >
                > >I wonder if these are the same charming young men who stopped to
                > >socialize outside my house (147th Street) late last week/early this
                > >week. I've been working at home lately and some loud conversations
                > >have been drawing my attention around 3:30-4PM.
                > >

                > These are they...... they are very loud and disrespictful and tease a very
                > large pit bull on the corner of Doty and 144 street...

              • e shannon
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 27, 2005
                  Thanks for your response Brent, Elizabeth, Kim and others

                  for the helpful advice and information regarding gang related

                  solutions to my problem here in Bodger Park.

                  I understand gangs are not only a problem in Bodger Park, but also thru out the city.

                  Before gang activity can be stopped it must be slowed down.

                  Thanks,

                  E Shannon

                  Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
                  I'll contact the police tomorrow about this.

                  Brent

                  >From: e shannon <eshannon14912@...>
                  >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] CRIME LOG April 26, 2005
                  >Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
                  >

                  >Gangs in Bodger Park
                  >

                  >I need help!

                • Shannon
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 28, 2005
                    I spoke to Sgt. Leonard at the Hawthorne PD last night and ask him
                    who should be contacted about the gang-related issues discussed in
                    the previous few posts. He said to call the Hawthorne PD at 349-2700
                    and ask for Detective Kirunchyk or Detective Port. They are
                    detectives in the gang unit and are the appropriate people to try and
                    help out. Also, I checked the schedule for the Citizen's Academy
                    class, and next week is the "Gangs in Hawthorne" topic (pretty good
                    timing!) so I'll be happy to post information I learn next week.
                    Also, the officers who present the information at each class are
                    really good about answering whatever questions we throw at them, so
                    if anyone has anything they want me to ask, let me know and I'll make
                    a list of questions. You can post them here or via my private email
                    address at jmnycricket22 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces around the @
                    sign). If you email me, just be sure the subject line has something
                    like "BPNA," "Bodger Park," or "gang question" so that I don't
                    mistake it for spam (since I probably won't recognize the email
                    address).

                    Shannon