Re: [BodgerPark] Haw. Police response time

  • Richard sullivan
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 17, 2005
      Thats a good idea
      --- James Radek <jimbokat@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > we
      > > stop this, that is why we pay taxes correct? For
      > > the police to make sure that our neighborhoods are
      > > safe.
      > >
      > > I am very upset about this, I purchased this home
      > > because I thought it was a good neighborhood, they
      > > need to respond much quicker. Shouldn't be
      > > shooting, it should be any kind of crime.
      > >
      > > To hear that people are not feeling safe, whose
      > > fault is that, I am going to have to say the
      > police.
      > > Brent Please Help!!!! Or please give me the email
      > > address and telephone number of Mr. Guidi and I
      > will
      > > contact him myself.
      > >
      > > Any other suggestions from anybody else. WE NEED
      > > STOP THIS, THIS IS AWFUL!!
      > >
      > > james8888oz <james8888oz@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Regarding the comments about Hawthorne police
      > > response time:
      > > Last Thurs. (Mar. 10th) at approx 6:15PM I
      > witnessed
      > > two hispanic
      > > males abt 18yrs old, shaved heads, one in white
      > > T-shirt other in blk
      > > T-shirt spray paint the word "Chico" on the block
      > > wall of
      > > 147th/Prairie Ave. I immediatley called Haw. PD,
      > and
      > > after at least
      > > eight rings someone finally answered. As I
      > attempted
      > > to give the
      > > info, they interrupted to say they would have to
      > > transfer me to
      > > dispatch. Finally, after giving dispatch the
      > > descriptions etc. I told
      > > them I was going to drive around the Bodger tract
      > > try and follow
      > > the taggers (if I could still find them)and gave
      > my
      > > vehicle
      > > description in case I found them and met up with
      > > Haw. PD.
      > > Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch up with the
      > > taggers, and I
      > > never saw Haw. PD respond to the location or see a
      > > patrol cruise
      > > through the neighborhood. However, I did call the
      > > graffiti removal
      > > number that evening, and the next morning the crew
      > > attempted to blast
      > > off as much as they could of the spray paint.
      > > I live on the Lawndale side of Prairie Ave, but
      > have
      > > noticed over the
      > > years slow response times (or no response at all)
      > > about 50% of the
      > > calls to Haw. PD I've reported about various
      > crimes
      > > I have witnessed
      > > in the Bodger Park tract. The same occurs on the
      > > Lawndale side to
      > > calls to the sheriffs dept. I can only surmise
      > that
      > > unless it's a
      > > shooting call, other calls such as burglary,
      > > graffiti etc. are low
      > > priority, which is a shame sense it is these

    • Chris Call
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 17, 2005
        I think that is a great idea. I can tell that they have not been responding very quickly. I personally am very tired of it.

        Chris

      • katzz4me@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 18, 2005
          Ok I would like to respond to this. About two months ago My daughter (age
          25) was with her boyfriend..Coming home from dinner and saw two boy's spray
          painting the blackball on the corner of Rosecrans and Doty .. She called HP on
          her cell phone and came home (147th and Doty) the Police were here within 5
          minutes..... they gave them (the police) a description and they were off.
          They returned within about 20/25 minutes and asked of she or they would come
          with them to ID the boy's and her boyfriend did....... Then about 4/5 weeks
          pasted and the Police called him and he was summons to court to testify and that
          was a whole other story. I just wanted to let people know that when we had
          called the HP they are very timely. I am proud of them.....

          darlene on Doty

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 18, 2005
            Thanks for sharing, Darlene. For whatever reason, HPD responds quickly in
            some cases and not so quickly in others.

            One might hypothesize that on the night that the incident you describe was
            reported, other calls were light, allowing HPD to respond in a timely
            manner.

            Brent

            >From: katzz4me@...
            >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Haw. Police response time
            >Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:39:08 EST
            >
            > Ok I would like to respond to this. About two months ago My daughter
            >(age
            >25) was with her boyfriend..Coming home from dinner and saw two boy's spray
            >painting the blackball on the corner of Rosecrans and Doty .. She called HP
            >on
            >her cell phone and came home (147th and Doty) the Police were here within 5
            >minutes..... they gave them (the police) a description and they were off.
            >They returned within about 20/25 minutes and asked of she or they would
            >come
            >with them to ID the boy's and her boyfriend did....... Then about 4/5 weeks
            >pasted and the Police called him and he was summons to court to testify and
            >that
            >was a whole other story. I just wanted to let people know that when we had
            >called the HP they are very timely. I am proud of them.....
            >
            >darlene on Doty
          • Chris Call
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 19, 2005
              I would have to agree with Brent. For example, yesterday, Friday 3/18/05 about 7:15 in the morning, I saw a police officer turn onto 147th (a couple of blocks down before you reach Marine) and Prairie he went down that short strip there (not sure the name of the street) and left. My question is this, why didn't he go through the neighborhood a little more? I guess my concern is that they should do a little more to protect our neighborhood.

              I am glad that they did respond to the Darlene's daughter's call but that happened a few months ago. Since then I have probably called two times and have had no response.

              Chris (Kornblum & Marine)

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 19, 2005
                Good point thanks
                Darlene