FW: City Council Meeting

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2005
      This summary of last night's Council meeting from Allen Richards. FYI

      Brent

      >From: alrich24@...
      >To:
      >jim@...,Lydia.M.Morack@...,krafalski@...,cdficklin@...,huber@...,dandmgibbs@...,Franstiglich@...,Brentamorgan@...,jvh99@...
      >Subject: City Council Meeting
      >Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:11:54 -0800
      >
      >Dear Friends,
      >
      >Last night's City Council meeting was a bit lengthy considering the
      >number of civic presentations and one closed session
      >that lasted over an hour. I will cover the highlights.
      >
      >Lt. John Beerling of the Hawthorne P.D. was promoted to Captain (good
      >man).
      >
      >Sgt. Keith Kauffman was promoted to Lt. (graveyard shift commander)(very
      >good man).
      >
      >Walt Dixon, City Historian, is looking for pictures of the Rockwell
      >Kiddyland that used to be at 117th & Hawthorne Blvd.
      >many years ago. You may contact him by calling 349-1904.
      >
      >Beach Boys dedication will be May 20, 2005 at Kornblum and Doty, time
      >TBD. Hawthorne High Band & Choir will
      >perform along with the Wilson Family children siinging. Also notables
      >reading the "History of the Beach Boys" and other
      >notables. Plan to be there. For further information, go to
      >www.beachboyslandmark.com
      >
      >Board members from the LAWA presented information of the noise level of
      >aircraft departing LAX. Unfortunately,
      >Hawthorne is not in the area for soundproofing grants. The city is
      >moving forward along with Senator Maxine Waters,
      >Assemblyman Jerome Horton and Senator Edward Vincent to cover the north
      >end of Hawthorne with soundproofing
      >grants. The noise occurs only from midnight to 6:00 am. For further
      >information, go to www.lawa.org/lax/flttracks
      >
      >If interested in stopping illegal fireworks in the city, contact Allen
      >Richards at (310) 675-6606 or alrich24@...
      >There will be a panel meeting in March.
      >
      >Allen
    • Kim
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hey Brent, this is not in reply to the meeting agenda. Just wanted to congratulate you on the volunteer award you recd. this week....High five!! I really had no idea as to where you came from when we started this group, but evidently it was your idea as a member of this community. You put in a lot of time to this, and with your family and son, that must be a bit difficult. So on my part, I thank you. Again, congrats! Kim

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          You're welcome, Kim. I wasn't going to mention the award on this list, but
          since you've let the cat out of the bag I'll cop to receiving it. ;-)

          The scope of volunteerism in communities across LA County is wide and deep.

          Brent

          >From: Kim <loca107.1@...>
          >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] FW: City Council Meeting
          >Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:35:17 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
          >
          >Hey Brent, this is not in reply to the meeting agenda. Just wanted to
          >congratulate you on the volunteer award you recd. this week....High five!!
          >I really had no idea as to where you came from when we started this group,
          >but evidently it was your idea as a member of this community. You put in a
          >lot of time to this, and with your family and son, that must be a bit
          >difficult. So on my part, I thank you. Again, congrats! Kim
        • Brent Morgan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 28, 2006