RE: [BodgerPark] Loud Music

  • a a
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 22, 2004
      If you all recall at the last meeting we had I
      brought up to the council person about my
      concerns reguarding the loud music going on all
      around me ( three different homes)
      and it was completely disreguarded and swept under the carpet
      as unimportant and in order to get any police action
      to come around I'd have to file a formal complaint!!!
      Just to have someone quite down!!
      Does any one recall this????
      Now I'm not just talking about some one turning
      up their home speakers too loud, I was talking about
      DJ speaker and live Mariachi bands being brought
      in that could be heard above and beyond the window's
      being closed and the TV being turned up!!!
      It eventually drove us from your neighborhood!!
      I just think everyone's happiness is important and
      to disreguard someone's else dislikes because
      it wasn't happening to you needs to be looked at
      alittle closer by your whole community!!!
      I'm sorry this is all happening to you now,
      but we did see it coming....that's why we left!!!

      Good Luck!!!

      Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
      I sometimes hear what I think is band/drum line practice and athletic events
      from the high school. It's not usually loud enough to keep me awake.

      What sort of music is it?

      Brent
      146th st

      >From: jsls110@...
      >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [BodgerPark] Loud Music
      >Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:13:15 EST
      >
      >Does anyone else in the neighborhood hear what appears to be a very loud
      >party going on (after 10 pm). It seems like there is a loud speaker playing
      >music.
      >
      >The Stewart's on Doty

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Pat Read
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 23, 2004
        From Bodger Avenue we have, on occasion, heard loud hispanic music
        from East of us (yes we can hear it with our windows closed). This
        does go on until the wee hours of the morning, well past the
        theoretical 10PM quiet time. I'm actually suprised that it has been
        allowed to continue. Personally, I haven't walked around the block
        during the wee hours of the morning to find out where it actually is.

        I'm always willing to put up with a little noisy party or two on
        random occasions, but I have to admit that this is a bit too often and
        a bit too loud.
      • Kim
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
          I'm very sorry that we didn't pay enough attention to your issue. We truly didn't mean to slight your problem but perhaps the message wasn't strong enough for us to get. Again, sorry. KP

          If you all recall at the last meeting we had I
          brought up to the council person about my
          concerns reguarding the loud music going on all
          around me ( three different homes)
          and it was completely disreguarded and swept under the carpet
          as unimportant and in order to get any police action
          to come around I'd have to file a formal complaint!!!
          Just to have someone quite down!!
          Does any one recall this????
          Now I'm not just talking about some one turning
          up their home speakers too loud, I was talking about
          DJ speaker and live Mariachi bands being brought
          in that could be heard above and beyond the window's
          being closed and the TV being turned up!!!
          It eventually drove us from your neighborhood!!
          I just think everyone's happiness is important and
          to disreguard someone's else dislikes because
          it wasn't happening to you needs to be looked at
          alittle closer by your whole community!!!
          I'm sorry this is all happening to you now,
          but we did see it coming....that's why we left!!!

          Good Luck!!!

          Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:
          I sometimes hear what I think is band/drum line practice and athletic events
          from the high school. It's not usually loud enough to keep me awake.

          What sort of music is it?

          Brent
          146th st

          >From: jsls110@...
          >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [BodgerPark] Loud Music
          >Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:13:15 EST
          >
          >Does anyone else in the neighborhood hear what appears to be a very loud
          >party going on (after 10 pm). It seems like there is a loud speaker playing
          >music.
          >
          >The Stewart's on Doty

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Andrew Oshiro
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
            The one bad thing about our little web-site is that since everyone is able to post on a certain topic, like the LOUD NOISE, and there ends up being about 20 or so posts the problem tends to get blown way out of proportion. This board has been up for nearly a year and I believe the recent inquiry on the Loud Noise was the first ever posted. Now I may be mistaken, but if I am, I am sure that Loud Noise is not one of the top problems in our community.

            The demographic in Bodger Park has started to change. A number older original residents, who have raised their families in Bodger Park, have started move and younger families with children (yes some of them are teenagers) are starting to move in. A number of these families will be of minority backgroung and there lifestyle may be a lot different from what Bodger Park is used to. We may hear a few more DJ speakers and a couple more mariachi bands in the near future. It is our job as a community to come together and merge what is going to become a very ethnically diverse area and learn to co-exist happilly.

            I always check the posts on the board and they tend to get me a little down. It is either Loud Music or New Break-In or that type of negative stuff. In the new year I hope to see more positives posts like "New Family moves in, make sure to say when you pass by" or "New Baby born on Bodger Ave, lets all give them some congratulations". I think things like that will really brighten up our little board. I have been guilty of this since this is only my second post and it didn't start out very positive. I will change this now. To all of our fellow Bodger Park residents, "MAY THIS NEW YEAR BRING YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY MUCH JOY AND HAPPINESS!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

            Last but not least, there have been some really nice holiday light displays up this year and I just want to tell everyone who took the time and effort to do that THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! My children always make me drive around the neighborhood so they can see the decorated houses.

            Have a great rest of the holiday season,

            Andrew Oshiro and family on Doty Ave.

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 27, 2004
              Thanks for a great positive post, Andrew. Your resolution to post the
              positives is one that I will take as well for the upcoming year. I think
              that there is a perceived urgency in the bad news that seems to trump the
              good news, despite the fact that there's plenty of good news. I'm going to
              try to reverse that trend, even by just a little.

              I'll start by listing a few:

              1. Housing prices are still up. According to the real estate flyer on my
              doorstep the other day, our neighborhood had its first 500k sale not too
              long ago. This is good news for those that have lived here for a year or
              longer.

              2. My new neighbors two houses down (Andrew and Alex) are expecting in
              February.

              3. As Andrew mentioned, the Christmas lights have been really nice to look
              at! My son (age 6) and I have taken a tour of the neighborhood at least
              twice to check them out. There's a few houses just down from Doty/147 Pl
              that look spectacular.

              4. I think that city services are more responsive to our needs since we
              speak with a united voice.

              5. JONS! I don't understand a market out that has 4 kinds of imported
              butter and St. Andre cheese, but I do know that I like it. I believe that
              our united voice directed city attention to the blight that was the old VONS
              site and helped secure our new neighbor.

              Happy New Year,
              Brent

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                Well, then on a postivie note,
                I am happy, if your all happy,
                because we are extremely
                happy to have gotten out of there
                when we did.
                I hope and pray that the
                disturbances that bothered us
                will never bother you all,
                especailly on an important
                evening when you had something
                nice and quite planned!!
                It was a lovely place to live when
                we first moved in, we just made
                the mistake of thinking it would
                stay that way!!!

                Happy New Year!!!

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 28, 2004
                  I'm sure everyone is tired of the "Loud Music" topic, but since I was the
                  one who started it, I will add to it and possibly finish it. Yes, Mr. Oshiro is
                  correct, loud noise is not one of the top problems in our community, but it
                  was in my opinion a problem. When the noise is blasting at 11:30 p.m. (on a
                  work/school night) then I felt like something should be done about it. I
                  realize we are living in a diverse society and I am very happy to be part of it,
                  but it doesn't give people the right to keep their neighbors awake this late
                  at night. Happily, this noise was not coming from the Bodger Park area, but
                  from Chadron Street.

                  Yes, the subject of "new break-ins" is depressing to hear, but nevertheless,
                  we need to be aware of what is going on in our community.

                  I've said it before and I will definitely say it again, this is a wonderful
                  community with the best of neighbors.
                  Here's wishing all of you a very happy, healthy, prosperous New Year!!

                  The Stewart's on Doty

                • dndhansen1@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 29, 2004
                    Hi, Sheridan, Pat, Catherine and Allison. I saw your message on the Email as I read my messages that still come through from Bodger Park. Sounds like there is a problems with loud music, first burglaries and now the music. Hope all is well there. I love it here, getting used to the snow and cold. The Holidays are good.
                    Happy New Year! Love, Darlene
                  • loryinlala@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 30, 2004
                      I still want to know about all break-ins and crime that happens in Bodger
                      Park especially since we were robbed also. Its nice to be positive but I also
                      want to remain aware. Happy New Year
                      Cerletti's on W 146

                    • nara1472002
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 30, 2004
                        I have been requesting a posted crime report for almost a year now
                        with no results. There was a robbery in 147th st. 3 weeks ago. I do
                        not know if this is the reason, but they are now selling there house.
                        Loud noise, fireworks, etc. are important but crime is the most
                        important as far as I'm concerned. When can we get all crimes posted
                        for BP resdients?
                        Nolan Arnold, 147th Street

                        --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, loryinlala@a... wrote:
                        > I still want to know about all break-ins and crime that happens in
                        Bodger
                        > Park especially since we were robbed also. Its nice to be
                        positive but I also
                        > want to remain aware. Happy New Year
                        > Cerletti's on W 146

                      • Kim

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 30, 2004
                            I've BCC'd Mayor Guidi, Councilman Parsons, and the Hawthorne City Clerk
                            (who I hope will forward this request to the entire Council) with this email
                            to keep them up to date on what I see as a basic information sharing need
                            that can be easily accomodated by the City and that will help in the fight
                            against crime.

                            A little history:

                            In Fall of 2002 I and the BPNA asked then-Chief Prentice if the HPD would
                            share crime reports with us electronically. I had hoped that they could be
                            Bodger Park specific, but was willing to work with whatever the City was
                            willing to provide. I also spoke with the person who actually writes the
                            reports and asked the same question. Both times I got enthusiastic reponses
                            and I felt that some enabling policy change was soon to happen. I mentioned
                            the need to other City officials and they too responded enthusiastically.

                            Unfortunately, the enthusiastic response seems to not have produced any
                            action at this time. Sometimes, people think we're asking for a special
                            report, but we're only asking for the same basic info that goes out to the
                            Daily Breeze - information that is already prepared and cleared for public
                            release. Hardcopy is acceptable (we can scan it to pdf files for electronic
                            distribution) but email is better since it is faster and easier.

                            We feel that this is a very useful City service that can be implemented at
                            low cost. With the dramatic increase in residential burglary in Bodger Park
                            in the last several months, we feel that this service could improve the
                            chances of protecting our homes and possibly catching the theives.

                            Current Events:

                            Recently (early November '04 if memory serves), Councilman Parsons
                            approached the new Chief at my request. From what I understand they were
                            able to determine that the main impediment is that the person who types
                            (yes, on a typewriter) the press release for the Daily Breeze does not
                            currently use a computer at all. The last I heard, computer instruction is
                            scheduled for this employee.

                            I hope that what this means is that we will soon have electronic
                            distribution of crime reports.

                            Happy New Year!

                            Brent Morgan
                            President, Bodger Park Neighborhood Association