Re: Dead birds

  • Sue Moret
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      I'm really glad somebody else brought up the subject of this years'
      crow population. It has been extremely annoying this year and I've
      never seen or heard anything like it in all 22 years I've been here.
      Don't other cities have a crow abatement program? Especially since
      the WNV outbreak... Today's LATimes says CA is leading the US in West
      Nile cases. I think if some of the taller trees could be trimmed it
      would help. Can we get the city or county involved?

      Sue
      --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "sheridan_read"
      <Sheridan_Read@a...> wrote:
      I don't know if it is WNV. The crow population seems rather large
      this year and nothing live forever. I'm just curious. I've never
      really paid attention to dead birds in the past, but this year the
      media has us on alert.
      --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "Lupe Madrid" <Lupe-Madrid@c...>
      wrote:
      We had a dead black bird in our back yard about three weeks ago.
      But we blamed it on our dogs. Are you thinking "West Nile"?

      Sheridan_Read@a... 08/29/04 09:36PM >>>
      We had a dead crow in the shared driveway of our neighbor today. Has
      anyone else seen any?
      Animal control came right out to quickly dispose of it.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vc71gu/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3
      001176/D=groups/S=1705060682:HM/EXP=1093927018/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0
      u909/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to: