Re: [BodgerPark] Re: Our water supply - funny smell

  • Rich Lake
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22, 2013
      If you go out and read the meter yourself, it will give you a feel of what is happening. Pretty easy to do, lift the concrete cap, flip up the round metal cover and read, watch out for spiders. It should read pretty close to what your bill says. It happened to me and I forced them to come out and perform a special read, and adjust my bill accordingly. They did, as I told them I was going to report them to the California public Utilities Commission. However the graphical average usage never got fixed. We sometimes need to be somewhat assertive.

      Rich on 144th Place

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 21, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Lisa Haley <lisahaleymusic@...> wrote:

      Hi Everybody:

      Re: water bill: a rep at Golden State Water told me "it was possible" that our water bill was "estimated" for several months, was calculated wrong, and resulted in our triple-the-normal-rate bill for June. Our July bill is only (!) twice the normal rate.

      - Lisa

    • leemlapr
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2013
        My neighbor has been away from her home for 3 months and her usual
        water bill is $56 @ mo. This past bill came in at $199. Go figure when
        no one is at home that your water bill increases 300 %. I told her to
        contact GSW and dispute the charges.