Re: [BodgerPark] Our water supply - funny smell

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2013
      We live on 144 St and our water is OK, Just as wet as ever and no smellAs far as our water bill goes you have to talk to my wife, she takes care of it.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2013
        Hmmm...will have to check with other family members.  I haven't smelled anything, and we don't live too far from the Radeks.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2013
          I have noticed some smell I thought might be the water in the bathroom, and this last bill was about 25% higher than usual.
          Nita on Bodger

          To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
          From: flyingbug@...
          Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:13:29 -0700

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 13, 2013
            There is a water problem in part(s) of Bodger Park. I live on 146th st near Kornblum and numerous neighbors and my family have experienced black sludge coming through the water pipes as well as a bad smell at times. This sludge hasnt occurred in a few years. Back in 2010 I had several meetings with neighbors and officials from Golden State Water at my home concerning this problem . They agreed the water smelled bad .I was told that certain parts of the community (my street being one) was at the "end of the line" and had to be flushed periodically. Regular flushing commenced and the issue seemed to be heading towards being resolved. All of a sudden GSW stopped all communication with myself and the other neighbors. They had taken a sample of the sludge water to be tested and left it on my door step after the communication stopped. My best guess is that higher ups got wind of what was happening and told everyone to cease at once. The last time I smelled foul water I sent an email to my contact at GSW and asked they flush immediately and they did without acknowledging me of course. I have noticed the flushing has been happening less and less.If this is an issue with your household I suggest you to contact GSW at once and let them know that a problem still exists and they need to start flushing the lines on a more regular basis.

            --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "lisahaleymusic" <lisahaleymusic@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everybody:
            >
            > Question:
            > Has anyone else noticed a smell, and huge price increase of our tap water lately?
            >
            > - Our water bill for May/June was almost 3 times normal!
            > We had a water rep come out; he said we had "no leaks."
            > Water usage was same as always - so why the huge increase?
            >
            > - Golden State water sent all customers a brochure about 6 months ago, saying "parts per million bacteria is a little high, but don't be concerned."
            >
            > Now, we're noticing the following:
            > - when we take clean drinking glasses out of the dishwasher, they often smell like stale fish - eww! But not all the time.
            >
            > - We cut up and rinsed some raw chicken with tap water the other day, then bagged it in the fridge. Two days later, it smelled horrible (like stale fish!) and was inedible.
            >
            > - Bagging more of the same batch of chicken without rinsing in tap water resulted in no smell and fresh chicken.
            >
            > Is anyone else noticing an odor or triple price increase?
            >
            > Regards, Lisa

          • Lisa Haley
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 21, 2013
              Hi Everybody:

              Re: water bill: a rep at Golden State Water told me "it was possible" that our water bill was "estimated" for several months, was calculated wrong, and resulted in our triple-the-normal-rate bill for June. Our July bill is only (!) twice the normal rate.

              - Lisa
            • Rich Lake

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 22, 2013
                  My neighbor has been away from her home for 3 months and her usual
                  water bill is $56 @ mo. This past bill came in at $199. Go figure when
                  no one is at home that your water bill increases 300 %. I told her to
                  contact GSW and dispute the charges.