Fw: Help w Outreach- Focus Groups in LA on Community Health & Climate Change - May 20th

  • Patricia Lin Hachiya
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
    FYI

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Alex Wade <awade@...>
    To: Undisclosed recipients:;
    Sent: Fri, May 10, 2013 9:31 am
    Subject: FW: Help w Outreach- Focus Groups in LA on Community Health & Climate Change - May 20th
    FYI….

    Dear Best Start Partnerships,

    The California Department of Public Health has asked for our help in recruiting participants for their Focus Group project on community health and climate change. They are hosting focus groups in English and in Spanish on May 20 in South LA, but anyone from LA County is encouraged to participate. Please help them by sharing this opportunity with community members.

    Included below are:
    1) Background information about the project and
    2) Fliers for participant Recruitment both in English and Spanish (They are also attached as PDFs).

    Thank you in advance for your support of this project and the work you do in the community!

    California Department of Public Health

    We need your help to recruit community members who are
    active in community health efforts to attend
    FOCUS GROUPS in Los Angeles
    on Climate Change as a Public Health Issue in California

    The California Department of Public Health is working on a project to better understand how informal community leaders think about community health and climate change as a public health issue, with support from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health. Results of these focus groups will be used to develop messages and communications strategies on climate change as a public health issue that can be used to educate, inform and involve diverse communities around the state about this critical issue.

    FOCUS GROUPS will be held in Los Angeles in English and Spanish May 20.

    WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
    We are looking for people in  who are seen as informal “COMMUNITY HEALTH LEADERS” and are involved in community health efforts.
    ·         Members of the public who are involved in efforts to promote health in their community through group membership, volunteering, etc.
    ·         Informal/unofficial leaders who are concerned about and active in healthy community efforts
    ·         Not a paid health professional or staff in a health organization (Could be a promotora or community health worker who receives a stipend, etc.)
    HELP WITH RECRUITMENT:
    We request your assistance in identifying and recruiting focus group participants by:
    ·         Distributing CDPH recruitment materials to members/networks (fliers in English/Spanish below/attached).
    ·         Making direct referrals if you have contacts, members, or community leaders who might be interested in participating.
    ·         Sharing our fliers on your social media networks (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
    Thank you for your assistance with this project and for your ongoing commitment to improving public health in your community!

    cid:image001.png@01CE4032.F1E719C0

    cid:image002.png@01CE4032.F1E719C0

    Brooke Sommerfeldt, MPH
    Sr. Community Health Program Representative
    Office of Health Equity, Climate and Health Team
    Ca. Dept of Public Health
    850 Marina Bay Parkway Bldg P- 3-129
    Richmond, CA 94804
    (510) 620-3137