Re: [BodgerPark] Proposed Recycling Center

  • Patricia Lin Hachiya
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
      Hi everyone -

      Depending on how they design the recycling center, this could be a very dirty, nasty use. We already have problems with transients going through our garbage picking up recycling on trash days. This would just bring more. The problem with the existing shopping plazas next to our neighborhoods is that they are not able to maintain cleanliness of the parking lot and recycling center would probably make it worse. I highly suggest that we all try to get more details and try to show up at the hearing to protest.

      Pat on 144th Place

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
        Dear Mayor -

        According to this agenda, is this hearing being continued? Where can we get a copy of the staff report and site plan to see more of the specifics of what they are proposing?

        Pat Hachiya

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
          Iam not sure I thingk it's up at Wedensdays Planning commission meeting. Luar metals wants to put it at 14948 Prairie Ave.  There is a small market there but there is a big parking lot behine it. The poeple living on 149 th and on Gerkin did get a letter about it from Planning.. I will be calling the planning dept.  to let them know I don't want it here in Bodger, but if I have to I will find a way to go to the meeting. Plannigs phone # is 310 349 2970 Let then it's about conditional use permit 2012cu11.

          According to this agenda, is this hearing being continued? Where can we get a copy of the staff report and site plan to see more of the specifics of what they are proposing?

          Pat Hachiya

          Please advise that there is a recycling center being proposed on Prairie Avenue by Bodger Park - see attached Planning Commission Agenda.
          Mayor Daniel Juarez

        • Pat Hachiya
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
            Thanks Jim and Kathy. I will definitely call and am planning on attending. I would recommend as many people to show up and testify against the project as possible.

[...]

          • Katheryne Koelker
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
              From what I can see on Google Earth, it looks like there's an auto shop in the area already.  I do remember there was a Planet Earth Recycle place up on 118th Street/Hawthorne Blvd. (near the Ralph's Market).  The City shut that down some time ago.
              Gerkin Street is very nearby, which might explain why THEY got a notice.

              Katie on 146th Street

            • ayso.bigdog@att.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
                Paul,
                Thanks for your inquiry.
                Contact the Planning Department at (310) 349-2970 to get your answers or attend the meeting on Wednesday.
                Mayor Daniel Juarez

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
                  Katheryne,
                  You are correct.  The city shut down the one at Raplhs for many reasons.  The main reasons were uncleanliness and smell.
                  Mayor Daniel Juarez

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
                    Who is responsible for keeping these recycling centers tidy?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 17, 2012
                      Katheryne,
                      The owner/operator is responsible for keeping the recycling center tidy.
                      Mayor Daniel Juarez

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 18, 2012
                        A recycling center should more appropriately be located in an industrial zone, not a commercial zone intended for small shops and restaurants. Also the smell, parking, undesirable animals, and traffic could become issues. I cannot make it to the meeting, I work nights, however we don't want a recycling center, or garbage transfer station around our neighborhood

                        Sent from my iPad,

                        Rich on 144Th Place
                      • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 18, 2012
                          Rich, can you call the planning department and raise your objections? Also, if you can see if you can email staff your objections and ask that it be presented to the Planning Commission. As many voices as possible is needed. Thanks! Pat on 144th Place