Re: [BodgerPark] Vote on E and CL

  • Gweneth Mingo
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2012
      I appreciate your sentiments about Measure E and El Camino College. My issue is that what's the point of doing all the renovations, when there are no classes available for the students, because of lack of funds for teachers. I would much rather see our kids be able to get educated in older classrooms, but with enought teachers.

      From: alene.gardner@...
      Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:59:46 -0700
      Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Vote no on E and CL

      Thanks,
      I was already voting "no".

      Alene Gardner
      If you are thinking how to vote on E & CL. Remember this both CL & E will increase your property taxs. E is a bond again.  CL is for the high and schools CL will increasa yourb property taxs alot. It is 2 cents Per square foot of your property. That will add up real fast most lots are about 4000 or 5000. Sq ft,. That's why I'm voted no on both props. Jim on 144 st. Thank you

    • james8888oz
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
        I am also voting NO on measure CL. Centinela is run by the Telecu Corporation which funded the campaigns of Board members and then funded the campaign for measure CL. Telecu's lawyers even drafted the ballot language. If it passes, Telecu will make more money by continuing to tear down the schools and then building them back up again (whether it is needed or not). And your property taxes could increase by another $200 a year. And renters will pay more too as landlords will simply pass along their tax costs.