Re: [BodgerPark] Parking question

  • Katheryne Koelker
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 14, 2012
      Kim: found out that my parents have tried to talk to this neighbor.  City has been involved in the past--apparently, the man is not conducting business, 'public parking', etc.

      The idea of permits for our block had come up before, too.  Apparently, only half the block wants them--and the other half does not.  The city will not allow a street to go 'permit-only' unless all of the residents agree.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
        Katheryne,
        You are absolutely correct regarding the permit process.
        Mayor Daniel Juarez

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
          Hi, sorry to hear that speaking with the gentleman doesn't seem to help.  And parking permits seem, to me, to be a very last-ditch effort.  I can see them causing more problems then they're worth.

          Mr. or Ms. "A. Slaughter" wrote to you re. if these vehicles are constantly there and only moved on street sweeping days; is this the case for three or more of them?  Again, a record of their movements is needed, at least three weeks I would think.  So that's a venue to possibly persue.

          As a last-ditch effort I can only say that "The squeeky wheel gets the oil" meaning that you should call the police once (or twice?) a week anyway.  They're gonna get tired of those same old calls about the same old guy fairly quickly.  Especially if they keep coming.  Maybe y'all have a neighbor or two that are as unhappy as you that would be willing to call once a week.

          I don't know what the PD's protocal is, but I would think that for at least every four calls they would roll on down there and speak with the gentleman.  Even if he is not breaking a parking law, just the pressure of having police at his door once a month should motivate him to park his cars elsewhere.  Might take some time but hey, what do you have to lose?

          I wish you well, it's just really wrong when one person feels that they can userp the rights of others...like they are more entitled.  Unfortunately it's a fact of life nowadays, but I still don't get it and I still think it's a sad commentary on this world today.

          Keep me informed......I'm gonna go walk my dog now and watch the cars blow thru the stop signs and speed down our residential streets.  K

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 15, 2012
            Spoke further with the family members, explaining what had been suggested.  Response: we did that, and the city marked the cars and towed them.  He came right back.

            I'd probably have to have a few of the other neighbors on the block calling for the other four calls you mentioned.  I am often not home to see what is happening, and I'm not sure if any of the other neighbors are calling.  Maybe a chat is in order.

            In the meantime, someone over on Yukon posted a sign at one of the condo complexes.  Seems that someone got tired of dogs doing their business on the lawn.  I have a picture of the sign; it basically says that there's a $150.00 fine for not picking up after Fido.

            Hi, sorry to hear that speaking with the gentleman doesn't seem to help.  And parking permits seem, to me, to be a very last-ditch effort.  I can see them causing more problems then they're worth.

            Mr. or Ms. "A. Slaughter" wrote to you re. if these vehicles are constantly there and only moved on street sweeping days; is this the case for three or more of them?  Again, a record of their movements is needed, at least three weeks I would think.  So that's a venue to possibly pursue.

            As a last-ditch effort I can only say that "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" meaning that you should call the police once (or twice?) a week anyway.  They're gonna get tired of those same old calls about the same old guy fairly quickly.  Especially if they keep coming.  Maybe y'all have a neighbor or two that are as unhappy as you that would be willing to call once a week.

            I don't know what the PD's protocol is, but I would think that for at least every four calls they would roll on down there and speak with the gentleman.  Even if he is not breaking a parking law, just the pressure of having police at his door once a month should motivate him to park his cars elsewhere.  Might take some time but hey, what do you have to lose?

            I wish you well, it's just really wrong when one person feels that they can usurp the rights of others...like they are more entitled.  Unfortunately it's a fact of life nowadays, but I still don't get it and I still think it's a sad commentary on this world today.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 18, 2012
              Not sure if this has been addressed so sorry if this is a duplicate question.
              What is the law regarding parking business vehicles on the street and does it make a difference if the business is run from the home or if they are just bringing work vehicles home?

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 21, 2012
                Woooooow, this man actually had more than one car towed and is right back to doing the same thing?!  Must be nice to have that kind of disposable income.

                But I think that it's just great that you were able to do enough work to get the PD to come chalk and then tow the cars; good job!  Plus he's on their radar now and probably knows it.

                Try your best to keep calling the PD when you can and see if you can possibly enlist the neighbors.  When you speak with the police you might also want to mention that he has been previously towed by them but seems to think he can ignore their "advise."  I don't think that they will take too kindly to that.

                Keep up the fight but hey, don't let it consume too much of your time.  Best wishes and keep me in the loop, K